500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Just smashed this one out quickly yesterday as a bit of practice, let me know if you try my famous gummy recipe ?  

Posted : October 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Stootie, Fish, twisted1 and 25 people reacted
ScottishMac
(@scottishmac)
Caryophyllene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Nice mate gonna have to try this out some time 

"I know you don't smoke Weed, I know This; but I'm gonna get you High Today,'cause it's Friday.... An you ain't got shit to Do." - Smokey

Posted : October 13, 2019 3:45 pm
Stootie, Fish, Macky and 16 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

pukka mate, kept me watching till the end! Good video mate, well done

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Stootie, Fish, ScottishMac and 16 people reacted
JenK
 JenK
(@jenk)
Caryophyllene Forum Member

Way cool ? 

JKiss

Posted : October 13, 2019 4:20 pm
Stootie, Fish, ScottishMac and 16 people reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling

Yeah dude, I am likely gonna give this a go next week sometime. I have a bunch of trim I wanna use up so... ? 

Gonna run down and grab some silicone trays either Mon/Tues... ? 

Posted : October 13, 2019 6:58 pm
Stootie, Fish, ScottishMac and 19 people reacted
Canna_Educator_
(@cloudy_kitchen)
Linalool Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

thank you guys for the feedback, means a lot to me! make sure you post up pics of your gummies too 

Posted : October 14, 2019 4:03 pm
Fish, ScottishMac, twisted1 and 15 people reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling

@cloudy_kitchen

Hey, just curious what kind of ratio of bud:oil you like to use.. I've tried making infused coconut oil in the past but it's never seemed to have any effect on me. I've eaten ~600mg (supposedly) of RSO as well with no effect, so I wanna make it as strong as possible, haha.

Also, have you ever made gummies/candy using shatter and/or an RSO-type concentrate, rather than infusing a coconut oil/butter? That's how a buddy makes his... I just don't have much for concentrate atm so... Or ever used hash at all? That I do have.... ? 

Oil Front
Oil Back
Oil Specs

Posted : October 17, 2019 5:16 am
Fish, ScottishMac, twisted1 and 18 people reacted
Canna_Educator_
(@cloudy_kitchen)
Linalool Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Posted by: @templegrower

@cloudy_kitchen

Hey, just curious what kind of ratio of bud:oil you like to use.. I've tried making infused coconut oil in the past but it's never seemed to have any effect on me. I've eaten ~600mg (supposedly) of RSO as well with no effect, so I wanna make it as strong as possible, haha.

Also, have you ever made gummies/candy using shatter and/or an RSO-type concentrate, rather than infusing a coconut oil/butter? That's how a buddy makes his... I just don't have much for concentrate atm so... Or ever used hash at all? That I do have.... ? 

Oil Front
Oil Back
Oil Specs

Dam bro! 600mg would out me to sleep, RSO/Terp Gravy/Phoenix Tears are a lot different than edibles in my opinion, way more mellow and I had to take a lot of RSO to feel anything in comparison to edibles. I've never made edibles with RSO because it is already in it's most ideal ingestible form and cooking it may burn off the valuable terpenes you want from this type of product. In edibles, the terpenes mostly burn off (unless you do a passive decarboxylation that's another article lol) but the cannabinoids are bought to the front and center, as well changing their molecular structure. I'm not so good at the sciency explanations lol.

Here is an example that may help you, a sneak preview of some new content i'm doing....

I approximated an 80% THC infusion rate into the oil, but, this is over what it normally comes out to be. This example uses 20grams of 20% THC cannabis in 2 cups of coconut oil and makes 20 cookies using 1/4 of a cup of this oil. 

20 grams of 20% THC cannabis = 20,000mg x 20% THC = 4,000mg of total THC

Multiply 4,000mg of THC by 80% = 3,200mg (Infused) THC

Divide 3,200mg of total infused THC by the amount of oil you will use, (3,200mg/8 = 400mg of THC per 1/4 cup of oil), as well as the number of servings you will create.

20 cookies made with 1/4 cup of this oil = approximately 20mg of THC per cookie. (400mg divided by 20 cookies).

It is confusing as fck, but, once you remember the equation, you'll get a very good idea of your own tolerance

Posted : October 17, 2019 5:46 pm
Fish, machamillion, ScottishMac and 21 people reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling

@cloudy_kitchen

Nice, thanks for the input. Yeah, I figure I will just put as much bud as possible in ~2 cups of oil, run it on the long cycle with my MBM, and see how that goes... probably toss in some hash too. I'd rather have it too strong and have to eat half a gummy than too weak and get diabetes trying to eat enough. I love the sciencey stuff though... pyrolosis resulting in the cleaving of a that carboxyl group from the cannabinoid acids, converting them into their psychoactive counterparts.. the conversion of D9-THC into 11-Hydroxy-THC via enzyme action and metabolism in the liver..all that good shit, hahahaha. My gf is an organic chemist so we chat about this often... usually ending up in her getting very angry due to my butchering of her science... ? 

I have MED issues with my stomach tho, and I am trying to find something that I can actually absorb... I've tried eating most iterations of edibles with no luck so... ☹️. Decarbed milled bud, all kinds of infused foods, tinctures, you name it. I've even had a butterfly gummy from MOTA with 800mg and.... nothing. LoL. Haven't tried suppositories yet but... maybe. ? 

Posted : October 17, 2019 6:48 pm
Fish, ScottishMac, twisted1 and 18 people reacted
Canna_Educator_
(@cloudy_kitchen)
Linalool Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Oh wow that is awesome that you can discuss the science behind it at home, your missus must be pretty onto it!

I'll have a think about what may work and get back to you TG. Everyone's endocannabinoid system is different, but I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. 

Have you ever tried infusing flour, sugar, or alcohol?

Posted : October 17, 2019 7:49 pm
Fish, ScottishMac, twisted1 and 15 people reacted
Page 1 / 2

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room