1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

I found this in the book I'm reading. Thought it would be interesting to share. I want to try this next time....it can apparently cause more root growth within the ball which in return can cause a larger plant in a smaller container....for the indoor growers could benefit. Need to do this in an experiment with a side by side

20200509 204835

Do better, feel better.

Posted : May 10, 2020 12:55 am
Macky, Macky and Macky reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling

@colacody

Sounds like the same kinda concept as air pruning. Copper hydroxide sounds tasty though.. I wonder if there is any potential for leaching into the plant tissue. Or if it's even possible. It says commercial nurseries have used it for many years but I wonder what kind of nurseries are being referred to... 🧐 Ornamental plants usually have a lot less strict regulations for what you can put on or in them compared plants used for food or medicine.

Not to sound like Debbie Downer lol. Just finished a large bong session so I'm thinking about stuff extra hard right now.. 😀 

Posted : May 10, 2020 3:35 am
Macky, Colacody, twisted1 and 6 people reacted
Colacody
(@colacody)
Limonene Forum Member
250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

@templegrower no worries man. That's why I shared it seems pretty cool as far as science goes but is it safe? Does it work? Is there any other similar options to get the same result? That's why but I do wonder if it does leach into the plant.....more research in order.

So do air pots essentially do the same thing?

Do better, feel better.

Posted : May 10, 2020 2:24 pm
twisted1, Macky, twisted1 and 3 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

A bit more info on this stuff. It’s supposed to be safe as it’s the same chemical used in aquariums. It is also used widely in the aquarium industry for its ability to destroy external parasites in fish, including flukes, marine ich, brook and marine velvet, without killing the fish. Although other water-soluble copper compounds can be effective in this role, they generally result in high fish mortality.

Copper(II) hydroxide has been combined with latex paint, making a product designed to control root growth in potted plants. Secondary and lateral roots thrive and expand, resulting in a dense and healthy root system. It was sold under the name Spin Out, which was first introduced by Griffin L.L.C. The rights are now owned by SePRO Corp.[15] It is now sold as Microkote either in a solution you apply yourself, or as treated pots.

With all this info I still think that fabric pots will be my choice for root pruning pots as they only use air to accomplish the same task and also allow the rootball to oxygen. The keep it simple approach.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : May 10, 2020 3:53 pm
twisted1, TempleGrower, Macky and 9 people reacted
Colacody
(@colacody)
Limonene Forum Member
250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

@monkeydo so it is the same approach as a fabric pot causing the roots to turn inward and split. Beautiful man.  Thanks for the extra info man! I'm excited to see the difference in the plants with the Garden bed and fabric pot...love experiments lol

Do better, feel better.

Posted : May 10, 2020 4:11 pm
twisted1, Macky, twisted1 and 3 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room