Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

Super Silver Haze 

2F07E1D5 619B 458C 8D98 995E21388395

Medium:

Light Mix soil from BioBizz

Size of Grow Area and number of plants:

0.8 x 0.8 x 1.8 M grow tent for veg and 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 M grow tent for flower with three plants

Lighting:

LED Migro 300+

Extraction:

Prima Klima 125 with dimmable power and Temp regulator. Active carbon filter

Pot Sizes:

0.5L, -> (3, 5, 7L?) -> 15L (or 20L?)

Nutrients:

BioBizz plus Mycotrex and Bactrex from Biotabs.nl

Other Equipment:

Atlas Plant Trainer, pH and EC Meter from BlueLab

Plan for the grow:

Mainline and LST. I am participating in the Coco 4 Cannabis Plant Training Grow Challenge.

153 Replies
galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

I hope to stay here till the very end of my grow. I've always have that problem called procrastination and almost never finish what I start, so I don't want to make any promises. We'll see how it goes.

With that out of the way, to the grow.

I will veg in a 80cm x 80cm x 180cm box and flower in a 120cm x 120cm x 180cm tent. I grow in soil (LightMix from BioBizz) I use BioBizz nutrients and additives. My light is a Migro 300+ (discontinued, so I can't upgrade to Migro 400+ as planned 🙁 ) The Migro 300+ has 3 big lenses. I use one of them dimmed to the minimum for the seedlings and gradually increase light's power as the plants grow and need more light.

Tuesday evening, August 11th 20202:

I dropped 3 Super Silver Haze seeds from Green House Seeds in water to soak them before planting them in an EazyPlug. After they sank to the bottom, I planted them in 0.5L (about a pint) pots filled with LightMix from BioBizz. They EazyPlug is in the middle of the 0.5Lpot, surrounded by soil.

I watered the EazyPlugs with pH'ed water and put them in a propagator. Temp inside the propagator is about 23C and RH of around 70%-75%. I also watered the surrounding soil mix with water mixed with 1ml/L of Root Juice.

My plan is to up-pot to (3L? 5L? 7L?) when they have build a good root ball and then again to the final 15L (20L?) fabric pot about a week or two before flipping. But this is where I would love your input and feedback. Do you think this strategy can work considering we should be flipping on or near October 1st?

I always identify my plants by numbers in my documentation. This time I would like to give all the girls their own names. I am open to ideas for female names :). Let's hear them!

Happy growing to you all!
Galandil

TempleGrower
1 Plant of the Month Win
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
5k Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
Chat Moderator Bling
10k Post Likes
Legendary
(@templegrower)
Myrcene

Either Stheno, Euralye and Medusa (the Gorgons) or Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos (the Greek Fates). 😎 

Migro lights are deadly too - Shane knows his shit!

galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

Thursday Evening, 13.08.2020

I turned on the lamp and set it to around 20% of its full potency using a Watt meter. That's what Shaun (Migro) recommends for seelings. He also recommends putting the lamps 35cm (13-14 inches) above canopy (canopy = soil level for now), but just to be safe, I hung the lamp at 50cm (19-20 inches). I set up the light to the 18/6 schedule.

I checked the moisture of the media and it was ok, so no more water. I've watered too much in the past and that's something I want to definitely improve this time.

And now, some pics:

IMG 3434
IMG 3436
IMG 3432
IMG 3433
galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

DAY 1
Friday, August 14th 2020

T = 24,4°C
RH = 69%.

They popped! All 3 of them popped. The soil looked a tad dry, so just to be sure I dropped some pH'ed water on them.

!IMG 3453

DAY 2
Saturday, August 15th 2020

T = 25,1°C
RH = 70%

As you can see in the pictures, they seem to be stretching. They look pretty happy to me too. So I decided to lower the lamp to 35cm from canopy and increased the output power to 40% (48W). We'll see how that works out.

I am not worried about the stretching, since I will be up ppoting and then I just plant them deeper into the pot. If they need support before the uppotting, they will let me know and I will help them 😉

!IMG 3456
!IMG 3457

@TempleGrower which one would you like to name? Pick one 😉 I can't decide

galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

Soooo... here we go again. After a couple of days in the hospital with my kid, I can return to my girls, take care of them and continue updating my Journal.

DAY 5
Tuesday 18.08.2020

Since I was at the hospital with my kid, my partner fed them un-pH'ed Water during the girls morning. I am growing in soil, so I don't worry too much about them getting un-pH'ed water.

DAY 7
Thursday 20.08.2020

As soon as they woke up, I went to look at them and greet them after I got back from the hospital and this is what I found

20200820 IMG 3458

Using some flexible wire I could support them so they are now standing up. I also changed the static fans for an oscillating one from Monkey Fan (thanks @Macky). This is how they look now.

20200820 IMG 3465

Soon they will turn their leaves up to the light. I've had this happen to me already, so I trust this will help. I will up-pot them soon anyway and then I will just plant them deeper into the pot.

They each receive about 100 - 120 ml of water (just enough until there starts to be runoff at the bottom) with 2ml/L Root Juice. pH : 6,5 ~ 6,6, Water Temp: 23°C

Due to the fact, that they fell down, once I straighted them up using wires, I notices dark purple / dark violet spots in the middle of the under side of the first 2 true leaves. Could anyone tell me what this could mean? The upper side of the leaves look normal to me.

20200820 IMG 3460

The environment temperature is around 25°C-26°C during the day and around 22°C-23°C during the night. RH is around 60% - 67%. I just got a hygrometer that saves the max and min Temp and RH for the last 24 hours, so that I can be more accurate in those readings.

Happy Growing Everybody!

galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

DAY 9
Saturday 22.08.2020

I noticed some white mold on the surface of the substrate (see pic below). After consulting with Percy's (thanks @monkeydo) I found out it's a fungus feeding on the organic material of my soil. Since I use LightMix from BioBizz, it fits the diagnosis.

20200822 IMG 3473
20200822 IMG 3475

According to the consensus it's not harmful. Since the plants look healthy and happy, I decided to leave it there and let the plants deal with that in a natural way. I'll  let the soil dry until tomorrow and keep checking it. The pots do feel light, but the leaves are doing OK and look happy, so I will water them tomorrow.

One thing I have on my notes, is that I haven't had to raise the lamp since day 7, when I had to use some flexible wire to "set them straight". Does this has to mean anything?

• A) Does it mean that the ammount and/or quality of PAR they are getting is right?
  • B) Or does it mean that they were so weak when they were on the gound (pre-wire support), that they need to recover now first, before they start shooting up again?
  • C) Or has the oscilating fan been keeping them focusing on building a thicker stem rather then stretching up?
  • D) A mix of A, B and C....

Fell free to chip in your 2 cents. Any feedback it's greatly appreciated.

Just to make sure I did check the soil temperature: 24,3°C

And now, some pictures (Check them out @templegrower)

202008220930 IMG 3487
202008220930 IMG 3484
202008220930 IMG 3483
202008220930 IMG 3480

Happy growing everybody Fist Bump  

TempleGrower
(@templegrower)

1 Plant of the Month Win
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
5k Post Likes
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
Chat Moderator Bling
10k Post Likes
Legendary
Myrcene

@galandil

Fuckin eh man, nice choice. The Gorgons are definitely some BAMFs.

I agree with the mold diagnosis as well - nothing to worry about if on the soil surface. I had some on my little Strawberry Cough not one week ago... should snapped some pics.

And yeah, a fan would definitely help, like James pointed out. There's no way that MIGRO has the wrong PAR spectrum tho - Shane knows his shit. Probably more likely distance-related..

Big Pharmer
(@big-pharmer)

Terpinolene

@galandil isn't the white mold jusy mycelium, this is exactly what you want. are you using any mikos/mycelium ? if so what brand, because it works well.

galandil
(@galandil)

Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Linalool

@big-pharmer at that stage I had forgotten to use any at all. If you keep reading my diary, you'll see I use Mycotrex from Biotabs.nl. With Sandra, the Sour Diesel Lady, I started using Mycotrex right from germination

James
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
5k Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
Respected Member
(@james)
Linalool

If Plants are stretching alot the amount of light is not enough.

Air movement is as elementary as light is - it helps building thicker stems and prevents humidity to condense on leafs.

The Big 3 are Light, Water, Air. And the enhancing is Nutes and CO2. The plant does just use all of them with the amount of the smallest available.

Example

Light 90% - Water 100% - Air 50% - Nutes 100% - CO2 25% = used amount is  25% due to CO2

Plants can use 4 times more CO2 as available in the atmosphere. If you live in a big city you will have more CO2 available.

I hope this helps.

galandil
(@galandil)

Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Linalool

@james thanks for the feedback. I'll keep that in mind!

Green Beard
Patreon Bling
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
5k Post Likes
Xbox Squad
Chat Moderator Bling
Moderator Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
Respected Member
(@green-beard)
Myrcene

Have to say bro, I love the set up you got going, as a coco grower I’m not much help in the soil world, but you look like your on top of things, such an awesome light bro I think Shane makes epic lights, it’s great to see some bud growing under them there not a very common light. And I see your growing out some super silver haze, dam bro that’s gona be awesome, takes so long to flower but so so worth it in the end. Hope you kiddo is doing better now buddy, it terrible seeing the little ones in hospital ☹️, and you need to train you wife on plant care, there as important as the child 🤪

I shall be keeping a close 👁 on that haze Thumbs Up  

galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool
Posted by: @green-beard

I think Shane makes epic lights

I am pretty happy with them. Shane has some new lights already, I am thinking of gifting myself some new LED lights.

And I see your growing out some super silver haze, dam bro that’s gona be awesome, takes so long to flower but so so worth it in the end

Can't wait to finally test the final product. The longe the wait, the greater the pleasure Smile

Hope you kiddo is doing better now buddy, it terrible seeing the little ones in hospital ☹️

My kid has been doing much better. It is what it is, we try to take it day by day. Some days are bad, some are better. I just try to keep smiling and staying happy and positive, no matter what kinds of shit life throw at me

you need to train you wife on plant care, there as important as the child 🤪

Oh mate, you should see how beautiful the outdoor garden looks. That's almost entirely thanks to the work and love my lovely partner puts into it. I alreday took some pictures of it and want to post them in the forum, just haven't had the time.

galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

DAY 10
Sunday 23.08.2020

202008230900 IMG 3504

Each lady receives a solution of about 150mL of solution (Until run off starts to appear at the bottom)

• Solution:
    • Water
    • 3 mL/L Root Juice
    • 2 mL/L Bio Heaven
    • pH = 6,5 | T° = 23°C

DAY 11

202008241200 IMG 3507

The oscilating fan (again, thanks @Macky) mounted on the corner of the tent is hitting the tent walls, so that it can't oscilate properly and may reduce the life span of the fan. That's why I inserted two bars on the tent sides forming that corner, so that the negative preassure inside the tent don't hinder the oscilating fan.

DAY 12

202008251100 IMG 3511
202008251100 IMG 3510
202008251100 IMG 3513

Medusa, Stheno and Evryali are up-potted to 5,7L pots. The soil in the pots was pre-fertigated with about 1.2 - 1.3 L of the following solution

• Solution
    • Water
    • 3 mL/L Root Juice
    • pH = 6,4 | T° = 22°C
  •  

Before transplanting, the holes are sprinkled with mycorrhiza spores (Mycotrex from BioTabs.nl). Since the ladies stretched to much (see day 7) I planted them deeper into the pot.

As you can see in the pictures, a second Migro LED spot is hanged in the tent. Power output is at 40% capacity (= 94,8W). Distance from lamp to canopy is 35cm

DAY 13

Temps are between 22,8°C and 25,2°C. RH is between 62% and 68%

Plant height:

• Medusa = 6cm
  • Stheno = 7cm
  • Evryali = 7cm

Since the girls are looking  happy and healthy (dark violet spots noted on day 7 haven't caused any trouble) I decided to raise the output capacity of the light to 50% (= 118,5W). The canopy-lamp distance stays at 35cm.

After about 14 hours of 50% output capacity, this is how they look

202008262310 IMG 3518

Happy growing!

TempleGrower
1 Plant of the Month Win
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
5k Post Likes
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
Chat Moderator Bling
10k Post Likes
Legendary
(@templegrower)
Myrcene

Lookin real good so far man. Happy plants, happy grower.

Very nicely organized posts too - it takes a little longer to do so, definitely appreciate that!

galandil
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Topic starter
(@galandil)
Linalool

DAY 14

Temps between 23,0°C and 25,8°C and TH between 60% and 67%

The fan leaves on the second node of all 3 of my girls show sings of curling up. Since the only thing that changed was the intensity of the light source (see day 13) I decided to scale down the output capacity to 45% (= 106,65W)

Appart from that, nothing report here, carry on... 😎 

DAY 15

Temps between 22,5°C and 24,8°C and TH between 60% and 66%

Medusa and Evryali have reached the 4th node. Stheno is alreday on her 5th node.

202008280940 IMG 3521

2 fan leaves show some spots I have had seen and ignored in previous grows. This time I'd rather ask what do you think about these spots. What could they be/mean? Should I act on them? If so, how? And aagain, thanks for your feedback

202008280940 IMG 3523
202008280940 IMG 3527
monkeydo
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
10k Post Likes
Chat Moderator Bling
Instagram Rep
Admin Bling
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
Active Grow Diary Bling
I Voted Award
25K Post Likes
OG
(@monkeydo)
Valencene

Inspect the leaves at the site of the damage. If you don’t see any sign of insects either there or they have been there you are fine. My bet is you won’t see anything so nothing to worry about.

galandil
(@galandil)

Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Respected Member
Linalool

@monkeydo will do good Sir Thumbs Up

Macky
Patreon Bling
PlayStation Squad
10k Post Likes
25K Post Likes
Chat Moderator Bling
The High Council Award
Twitter Rep
Admin Bling
I Voted Award
Active Grow Diary Bling
OG
(@macky)
Beta-Pinene

You can expect to see a few marks here and there mate. Its how you find out if the plant is getting too much or not enough food 😉 Like monkey said, check for bugs to be sure nothing is eating the plant. If there is no bugs you should be ok, the plants look good 

Page 1 / 6

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
percys grow room twitter icon, cannabis growers forum
pintrest logo percys grow room, cannabis forum
percys grow room instagram logo

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room