100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Admin
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Ocimene

Cannabis Plant Problems

Diagnostics Form.

So, you have a sick cannabis plant? Don’t worry, most problems are easily fixable. But for the best diagnosis of your plant, we need some information from you. The more you can answer in this form, the less questions have to be asked, saving precious time, and getting the problem solved faster.

Step 1: Fill out the Cannabis Plant Diagnosis Form

Grow medium (soil, coco, hydro):

Strain:

PH of your nutrient solution ( Feed):

PH of the run off, or Reservoir: 

EC/ PPM of Nutrient Solution before Feeding:

EC/ PPM of the run off, or Reservoir: 

Nutrients Brand, and how many ML per litre of which foods. 

Grow room temps lights on/ lights off ( On/ Off):

Grow room humidity lights on/ lights off (On/ Off)

Res temps if hydro:

Lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl):

Extraction (Size of Extractor, and where you draw and exhaust air from):

Anything else you think might be important, such as a previous health problem you tried to fix, an early infestation of bugs, or a big change to the environment, leave here:

Step 2: Highlight the above text, and copy it to your clipboard

Once the forum is filled out to the best of your ability, click on the link below. Start a new topic, and paste in this form. 

Step 3:Click here and start a new Topic 

Click Here

Once a new topic has started, add a title, and then paste in your filled in diagnosis form. 

Usually a problem can be well on the way to being fixed within 24 hours. If you’re unsure of what to do, don’t do anything! Just fill out this form and post it in the infirmary, and someone will be right with you. 

17 Replies
artmann
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
1k Posts Bling
10k Post Likes
Member for 2 Years
Respected User
(@artmann)
Myrcene

My auto has rust colored brown spots. It's only on a few leaves at the top of the canopy. It's not mold but some kind of necrosis.  One site suggested a calcium deficiency.  I'm not worried yet, because

20220121 122421

the rest of the leaves are looking great. Just curious.

BubbleHok
Respected User VIP
(@bubblehok)

Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
5 Complete Grow Diaries
3 Plant of the Month Wins
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling
Member for 2 Years
Valencene

@artmann Yep i concur with Monkey on this one, i have this issue crop up from time to time and usually its either lockout or a mag deficiency. Quick flush and up the calmag a few points and it should correct it for you.

monkeydo
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Admin VIP
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene

It looks to be in the cal/mag area. I'd say at this point of the grow and by the look of some leaves in the picture it's probably magnesium deficiency leading to calcium uptake deficiency.

im_sparky
Active Grow Diary Bling
Patreon Bling
Discord Member
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
Moderator Bling
Member for 2 Years
The High Council Award
Moderator VIP
(@im_sparky)
Limonene

Definitely looks to me like magnesium and calcium deficiency leading to lack of chlorophyll. Mist with leaves directly with plain epsom salts mixed 1/2 teaspoon per liter of dechlorinated and pH'd water when your lights are off. You should see a big improvement in 12-36 hours if it is only magnesium. Lack of magnesium leads to calcium deficiency, too, causing the brown spots (necrosis), so it may need calcium too.  A lot of people use calmag to get both at the same time. Hope that helps out.

artmann
Active Grow Diary Bling
1k Posts Bling
10k Post Likes
Member for 2 Years
Respected User
(@artmann)
Myrcene

Thank you.

I am running Jack's 321 light in hydro. 1st time for Jack's with an auto. All the other autos I've run were not heavy feeders. I was leary of upping the PPMs. I did see a little leaf tip burn so I wasn't sure if cal-mag or other nutes would burn it more.

For new strains I usually increase nute concentration till I see a light leaf tip burn then back it off. Maybe I backed off too much. 🤔 

Improper_Weed_Viking
Patreon Bling
Discord Member
Active Grow Diary Bling
5k Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
Member for 1 Year
3 Complete Grow Diaries
Known User VIP
(@improper_weed_viking)
Caryophyllene

This is the northern lights auto I'm growing that's almost done but a couple weeks. Was having a look around the other day and found a dead dried up flower on the stem and when I removed it saw a section of stem about 2 inches long had necrosis. Should I just leave this cola to do its own thing and hopefully not have the whole branch die before harvest or should I just get the shears and snip this thing from the plant before it spreads like cancer?

Screenshot 2022 09 20 04 06 38 88
IMG20220920040620
IMG20220920040614

BubbleHok
Respected User VIP
(@bubblehok)

Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 2 Years
Valencene

@improper_weed_viking looks like you are a little ways off harvest, I would take it off personally, last thing you want is it spreading or starting to rot on you.

Forum Member
(@vianese)
Terpinolene

Hey Smile

I'm growing this plant right next to my window. So far there weren't any problems but I had to leave for a couple days. Installed a watering system and put some nutrients in the water. Weather was especially hot during these days.
As I came back the soil was pretty dry and the water bucket was empty. The following days I watered them as normal and gave them some phosphorus fertilizer.
Now I'm unsure if I overdid it with water, fertilizer or both.

Thanks in advance for any help Smile

Strains are Gelato#45 and WeddingCake

WedCake 04 09 23
Gelato45 04 09 23
Macky
Admin
(@macky)

Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years
Alpha-Pinene

@vianese Im afraid its just not enough light. They need to be outdoors or under a grow light, next to the window is never enough. It just wont be getting enough light to produce the food it needs. Can you put it outside at all? It looks like a decent size, but its at a stage where it really needs a good amount of light to go any further

Forum Member
(@vianese)

Terpinolene

@macky Unfortunately I can't put them outside and atm I can't afford a grow light. Since this is the only possible way to finish the grow I will just water them as usual and see where it goes. Indoor equipment is on my bucket list Smile
Still thanks a lot for your help.

Kiffer
Active Grow Diary Bling
Forum Member
(@kiffer)
Terpinolene
20230923 113346
20230923 125942

Thoughts on this? 

Pineapple haze, week 7 of flower. Organic feed, although she's been a heavy feeder. We've had plenty of bugs in the garden, but she seems pretty left alone so far.

Appreciate it 

Forum Member
(@theodore1908)
Terpinolene

Is this nitrogen deficiency or something else

IMG 5293

monkeydo
Admin VIP
(@monkeydo)

Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Alpha-Pinene

@theodore1908 it could be nitrogen deficiency or magnesium deficiency. Nitrogen deficiency usually starts at the lowest part of the canopy and magnesium deficiency begins near the top. My guess based only on the picture would be magnesium but you know the history of the plant so your guess would be better than mine

Forum Member
(@theodore1908)

Terpinolene

@monkeydo the only one out of eight that showed this issue that was a clone all eight they got transplant the same day with the same bag of soil one bag filled 8  pots 2 gallons each soil is fox farm ocean forest

Forum Member
(@theodore1908)

Terpinolene
Plane_co
Forum Member
(@plane_co)

Active Grow Diary Bling
Geraniol

@theodore1908 I have the same thing on a "clone" that I took of an auto.  No idea whether it will come to anything as it's an auto and I've never tried cloning before.  Leaves have started fading, pretty much the same as yours.  I started giving it a little CalMag and will let you know if it helps in a couple days. Good luck with the grow.

Sevans
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
10k Post Likes
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Discord Member
Member for 1 Year
500 Posts Bling
Respected User VIP
(@sevans1965)
Linalool

Not sure how far along your clone is, but clones will start to yellow if their roots aren’t developed and the clone is trying to photosynthesize light instead of working on root development (the clone is screaming for nutz and the roots can’t deliver yet). 

if you suspect this could be the issue, move the clone to an area with less light, or create some shade for it. 

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room