500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Forum Member
Topic starter
(@colacody)
Limonene

Soooooo i just found powdery mildew on my girls....is she a total loss or what is the next steps. So sad right now....

20 Replies
Max
 Max
Banned
(@max)

Percy Grower

@colacody

Got any pics?

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene
20190924 170314
Macky
Patreon Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years
Admin
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene

You gotta try and get more airflow to the plants mate.

First off, remove anything that has the mildew on it, and then you can use milk, 100ml, of milk, with 900ml of water to make a litre, and spray that on the plants. Can ue baking soda too. A teaspoon per litre. 

You're in flower right? So you wanna avoid sparing the flowers. Remove the mildew infected leaves, and paint as much as you can with a brush. You can maybe spray the plant with the baking soda mix, but youre going to want to wash the buds after harvest and make sure they dry well after spraying them

Airflow is key man, you don't want leaves touching each other, and want plenty of air to be able to get in, and around the canopy. 

Hope this helps mate, get a pic up if you can?

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

K so gotta chop all the leaves with mildew carefully. They are outside and it's been windy as hell man. Shouldn't have happened to be honest

Macky
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years
Admin
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene

Is that all there is mate? I wouldn't act too hastily if it isn't much more than that. Could be something else 

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

No I 100% know it's the powdery mildew. I see it spread like wildfire too. I chopped a bunch of leaves that were bad and found the main site of infection. Lower bud site. I'm going to do the baking soda and wash em after. Better than losing the hole crop....man....bummed as fucking hell man. 

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

I also found some on the other girl and chopped her off.....in the redneck drying box lol. 1st time man so cant get too bummed but fuck me man.....almost cried lol

Macky
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years
Admin
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene

Trust me, I know your pain man lol. It's good to look for mould resistant strains for out door grows, if you can't control the environment, control the genetics Smile

You lost a lot?

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

No man not yet....losing any kills me. I love them like my daughters man.....theres a love for this plant that doesnt compare that I have lol. But....that aside. I have chopped a bud and cleaned it....and its drying redneck style and see what we have. There was only 1 main bud on the lower end that was bad of the Durban and the rest was small spots on the leaves....but spread top to bottom. I'm hoping we got it in time man....

The gorilla on the other hand has been stressed to all hell....my fault..and the bud I took off was a decent finger of a leaf towards the bud covered in PM (first sighting of this hole mess). From being stressed also I think....there was a brown sac inside which was a SEED!!!! Popped out and is saved....so...never a total loss right? But defs have to spray them all to be safe and see what happens.

So in conclusion for now....from what I've read I spray the plant with the baking soda water....or ONLY brush it on because I'm in flower? Not sure what to do exactly as far as the application? 

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

So I made the solution today at lunch time and defoliated anything that could bunch up or had a little spot on it. I sprayed the solution on it and again tommorow right? Have to monitor this close now I assume aswell

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

And also I read somewhere that 1teaspoon per gallon of baking soda...or should I go 1tsp per liter? I may have fucked up and panicked and did 1 tsp per gallon...

Macky
Admin
(@macky)

Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years
Alpha-Pinene

1 teaspoon per liter, 1 tablespoon per gallon 😉 

Keep an eye out for the PM spreading or appearing elsewhere on the plant. If you see any, remove it and treat again. Keep the plants clean with plenty of air flow around it. 

Damn man, sorry its all going to shit on you mate

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@macky

Thanks man....fixed that right fucking quick. And thanks for the love. I mean it could be a lot worse. I caught it early....the one had a big chunk and I caught the rest pretty early. She's saveable I think still for sure. Learning so much. Had vegging DOWN and now.....well here we are in school. Keep ya posted for sure mate

Ougrew12
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
Known User
(@phil)
Caryophyllene

powdery mildew is rampant right now in the area.  Defoliate first and be sure to remove the debris from the area and destroy it. I have used potassium bicorbonate/vegetable oil mix a natural organic remedy recommended by Ed Rosenthal that kills PM but you will see spots on leaves that had mildew turn into brown dead spots if your mix is  strong. There is also a video on youtube by Jorge Cervantes using an h2o2 bath that cleans it off.

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@phil

Yes man your right the humidity spike here just fucked things right up. I thought the worst and that everything was gonna be lost and got really really sad. I'm gonna try the baking soda water mix tommorow and wash em after harvest.....have no choice in the washing matter at this point. I removed a lot and will keep a close eye on things for sure right now. 

I have got a good head start on things right now so it shouldn't be an issue....I thought the worst had happened but there is hope...tommorow we start treatment.

Colacody
250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Forum Member
Topic starter
(@colacody)
Limonene

So was just reading through this post from last year and found I was bad and didnt update it. So 1 tsp per litre baking soda/ water and it worked great. Had to keep treating every few days but harvested the plants after a good rain and then dried and cured.....tasted good and proper still and only have 1 little nug left....1 last joint lol. So this method absolutely works!

Hart
 Hart
Forum Member
(@hart)

100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Limonene

@colacody Thanks for the update, I got PM last summer and used milk spray in the morn on sunny days to kill it, followed up with baking soda mix every week. Got everything under control before harvest 😎 and just to be sure I used Jorge Cervantes h2o2 bath at harvest time. 

https://percysgrowroom.com/forum/best-weed-videos-podcasts/jorge-cervantes-washing-away-powdery-mildew/#post-9831

Ned
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
 Ned
Forum Member
(@ned)
Caryophyllene

Bummer. It’s still early, do you have any other seeds you can start ASAP just in case? 

Colacody
Forum Member
(@colacody)

250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Limonene

@ned this was for last years harvest. Wanted to let everyone know it worked to get rid of it and the smoke didnt suffer

Ned
 Ned
Forum Member
(@ned)

100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Caryophyllene

@colacody that’s great news man I thought it wa s your new batch! 

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room