(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
Topic starter

So, I got sick and tired of not having any room upstairs where I had my T5s set up for seedlings on those plant racks or hanging awkwardly from my light stand, so I re-tooled the space and am now WAY happier with the situation. I used one of those $30 plastic resin shelving units, available at participating Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, Home Depot, Cop Op Hardware, Lowes, and True Value locations.

I left out the second shelf in order to double the height to be able to fit a mother plant/other larger plants. The ladyfriend wants me to grow some eggplants too here, so we will see how that goes. I threaded the hanging wires on my Mars II 900 thought the holes in the shelf to hang it, which left me about 2 inches of clearance between the top of the light and the bottom of the shelf. Then, I put the top shelf on, to which I had already fastened the T5 fixture (which fits like a friggin glove in there ? ?). This will be for new seedlings/clones/small leafy greens/herbs etc etc. The Mars has a daisy chain outlet so, I ran the T5s into it, and one single cord to the timer. Nice and clean.

I also hung some white t-shirts I don't wear oftern on the sides to reflect the light back a bit. Mylar is expensive so, Myshirts will have to do.. ?. I like it SO MUCH BETTER than my old system though, as I can now reach the bulbs/ballasts without having to lay down on my back, as well as has a much smaller foot-print, especially running both lights. And the biggest plus is that I can actually reach the plants without having to play 'Operation' now! So stoked...

New cloner motherer
Clone & seedling station
Mother station
Wires holding Mars II

And this would probably work even better with a Mars TS1000 on the bottom, and TS600 on top, or something similar. Fluorescent tubes are a pain in the ass sometimes, and this Mars II, while powerful, weighs a fucking ton (like 25lbs or so - the 1600 is like 35lbs LOL). So something lighter and with less heat would be ideal. Use what ya got though!

Posted : February 22, 2020 7:31 am
Bangswitch2A, Canna_Educator_, Hart and 13 people reacted
Trichsteppin
(@trichsteppin)
Ocimene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Reall nice stup man! i think i did hear that the Ts series ran abit cooler than the SP but i cant say for sure, i do have the SPs and i LOVE them, the 150s. i think any of those lights are superb, i cant say a single negative about the sp150 i got, so glad to be rid off the HPS/MH !

Mars hydro grow lights https://bit.ly/2xthNdm Use Code THS for a discount

Posted : February 22, 2020 10:33 am
Canna_Educator_, TempleGrower, Hart and 12 people reacted
Ougrew12
(@phil)
Caryophyllene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award

Best way to get started :).  I use this stuff around my germination station.  Emergency foil blankets.  Just posting the link so you know what I am referring to, Got mine from the dollar store.

Posted : February 23, 2020 2:19 am
Canna_Educator_, Hart, twisted1 and 9 people reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
Topic starter

@phil

Yeah it's way better than what I had going on before... LOL

IMG 20200220 1536278

Now that is an amazing idea. The dollar store (Dollarama in particular) is amazing for things you might need for a tent... I bought a drip irrigation kit there for four boneskis. Worth it just for the 13.7m hose... ?. I've also bought nice big 'S' hooks there, as well as some handy velcro straps, padded wire (the green rubber coated stuff for LST), all cheap AF.

IMG 20200222 215417187
IMG 20200222 215529645 HDR
IMG 20200222 215459251
IMG 20200222 215603717

Princess Auto's Surplus section is always fun as shit to go hunt around for stuff too. Pretty hilarious to see a boat anchor next to the garden trowels next to a spool of blank CDS. Hopefully you have Princess Auto where you are located... maybe they're just Western Canada actually. Damn, just looking at the flyer, there is a 2 socket, 15A mechanical timer on for $9.99. And look at that Bone Collector toothbrush holder eh? Just dripping with the sickest of deals. Very possibly will be making a trip out there tomorrow now actually. ? 

Sick dealzz
The sickest deal

Posted : February 23, 2020 5:24 am
Bangswitch2A, Hart, Zombie Nation and 13 people reacted
Ougrew12
(@phil)
Caryophyllene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award

@templegrower

it`s not being cheap . it being frugal and creative. We have a princess auto and forest city surplus not too far away.

Posted : February 23, 2020 2:34 pm
Canna_Educator_, TempleGrower, Hart and 12 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room