Dobbin
(@dobbin)
Ocimene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
Topic starter

Dr Meter is way off this is the one I've been using the most thought that there was something wrong after checking the last lot of feed

IMG 20211106 114650684

Genesis 1:29-God said, “Look, I have given you all the plants that have grain for seeds and all the trees whose fruits have seeds in them. They will be food for you.

Posted : November 6, 2021 1:27 pm
Bangswitch2A, Hart, Woolie and 16 people reacted
MycoMushLove
(@fungiwillsavetheworld920)
Linalool Forum Member
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
100 Post Likes

i always hear of issues with PH pens. no matter the manufacturer. vivosun, blue pen or whatver, doesnt matter. always seem to break. some faster than others. i really like using those manual rapitests. comes in a pack of 40 tests, 10 test each. NPK and potassium tests, each are seperated by color of pill, dump the powder out of the pill into the holder where u put the soil, ad water shake, wait, the color that the liquid is that matches the color on the scale is your PH. dead on for less than $18

Nature IS NOT A CRIME! 🤙🍄✌️

Posted : November 6, 2021 1:39 pm
Hart, Canaman83, Woolie and 18 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

Time to calibrate something Dobbin. I calibrate/check mine every week and I have 2 working ph pens that I can cross check against if I’m suspicious. I’ve had good luck with the Apera ph20 so far. Bought them a year before lockdown and they are still perfect.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : November 6, 2021 2:08 pm
Lotsoftrichomes, Zombie Nation, Hart and 12 people reacted
Dobbin
(@dobbin)
Ocimene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
Topic starter

@monkeydo that's the problem it comes up with ERR when trying to calibrate it , I've taken the probe off it the insides were wet .

Drying it off on a radiator not sure if that will fix it though

Only had it 6months

Genesis 1:29-God said, “Look, I have given you all the plants that have grain for seeds and all the trees whose fruits have seeds in them. They will be food for you.

Posted : November 6, 2021 3:51 pm
Zombie Nation, Hart, Canaman83 and 12 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

I don’t know if this is relevant but one on my pens was having a similar issue, it would not take the 4.0ph calibration, just ERR. I bought all new calibration fluid and everything is grand now. The stuff was way old and needed to be changed long before that time but I’m a pretty good procrastinator when I want to be. I change the fluid every 5 uses now because the replacement came in quart size and the bottle only takes about an ounce. Better accuracy and reliability now.

Posted : November 6, 2021 4:04 pm
Zombie Nation, Hart, Canaman83 and 15 people reacted

WoodI2
(@woodi2)
Alpha-Pinene Respected User VIP
The High Council Award
Hash Champ
1 Plant of the Month Win
YouTube Member Bling
50k Post Likes
5k Posts Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Member for 4 Years

@monkeydo, we have the same manufacture I think. I have the Apera A1316 and I was having the same problem. But my fluid isn't that old (to me) and it's always kept in the dark in package. It would recognize the 7. but not the 4. I just went with it. Couldn't change it. Seems to be working but I'm still skeptical of it. I haven't taken the time with it yet. Probably a case of that procrastination that everyone seem to be catching. But it's time to calibrate so I'll see what happens.

But I don't want to buy fresh old solution again. I Dont Know  

Posted : November 6, 2021 4:50 pm
Zombie Nation, Hart, Stootie and 12 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@woodi2 I’d call Apera, last time I did there was an actual English speaking employee on the other end that new his business. You just might get lucky and have the same experience.

Posted : November 6, 2021 5:44 pm
Zombie Nation, Hart, Stootie and 9 people reacted
Dobbin
(@dobbin)
Ocimene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
Topic starter

An afternoon drying on the radiator as fixed it and it didn't need calibration

Posted : November 8, 2021 7:27 am
monkeydo, Zombie Nation, Hart and 9 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room