Clear all

New Growers New grow checklist / help!

8 Posts
7 Users
168 Likes
(@jonnymango)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

Hey, I’ll be moving into a new house in a month or two and looking to start a grow, I grew once back in uni about 10 years ago, but have been diligently researching for a while and think I’ve gotten my head around most of it. Have I missed anything out or has anyone got any advice / tips, or better suggestions for me? In the UK and will be an indoor grow. 

Light - mars hyrdo ts1000, or an HLG 100 or 135, although these seem slightly harder to source and some assembly required? 

Tent - unsure on exact tent, as I need to move in to get exact measurements. But it will be going into a built-in cupboard, so will be going for maybe  60x60, or a 120x60. Not sure if it’s worth going for a mars hydro, budbox, or a cheap brandless one on eBay / Amazon? 

Fan - AC infinity s4, wanted to get a cheaper one but have heard bad things about a lot of fans, ac infinity is almost universally praised. 

Carbon filter - rhino pro 4” - is this a good choice? 

Medium - soil, biobizz light mix

Nutes - biobizz range, grow, bloom, and top max. Was last going to pickup some root juice and calmag, both from biobizz

Then of course all the other bits and pieces, ducting, hygrometer, clip-on fans, timers, ph up / down and ph drops. I’m thinking of getting a cheap oil heater too and having it either inside or just next to the tent, and I’m unsure what the humidity will be like, don’t know if I’ll need a dehumidifier or humidifier, or both or neither 😂. Also I’m thinking 15 - 20L pots, is this size ok for a 60x60 cupboard grow? 

anything I’ve missed or overlooked? Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! 

also I love the podcast, been chain listening to it at work been really useful 😊👍

Posted : February 21, 2022 9:35 am
Stootie, im_sparky, WoodI2 and 24 people reacted
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Valencene Moderator VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@jonnymango sounds like you have what you need on the list.  Welcome to Percys

Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t.

Posted : February 21, 2022 9:46 am
Mix
 Mix
(@mix)
Percy Grower Banned
Active Grow Diary Bling
10k Post Likes
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Member for 2 Years
1k Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling

As twisted said 👍

Not sure if it’s worth going for a mars hydro, budbox, or a cheap brandless one on eBay / Amazon? ”

if it was me I’d avoid a brandless one. 
I have a lumatek 200w for veg & £300w one for flowering and there really good. Mars I hear lots of good things not herd a sad story yet regarding them.

a nameless one doesn’t have anything to live upto could set your house on fire at worst and at best do 1/2 the job a good one would I would think 🤔 

As we say buy cheep buy twice.

good luck and I hope you put your grow on here so we can drool while waiting for our next harvest 😆

Posted : February 21, 2022 10:13 am
(@jonnymango)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

Cheers guys! Yeah will keep updated once I get it all setup, can’t wait to drop the beans, but I have a while to wait and just keep overthinking and second guessing myself. 

Oh yeah, for brandless one I was talking about a grow tent, the light I think I’ve narrowed down to HLG or mars hydro 

Posted : February 21, 2022 10:44 am
Stootie, im_sparky, WoodI2 and 18 people reacted
Chillbert
(@chillbert)
Beta-Pinene Respected User
2 Plant of the Month Wins
Moderator Bling
3 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
50k Post Likes
Member for 2 Years
2.5k Posts Bling

Posted by: @jonnymango

Light - mars hyrdo ts1000, or an HLG 100 or 135, although these seem slightly harder to source and some assembly required? 

Tent - unsure on exact tent, as I need to move in to get exact measurements. But it will be going into a built-in cupboard, so will be going for maybe  60x60, or a 120x60. Not sure if it’s worth going for a mars hydro, budbox, or a cheap brandless one on eBay / Amazon? 

Fan - AC infinity s4, wanted to get a cheaper one but have heard bad things about a lot of fans, ac infinity is almost universally praised. 

Carbon filter - rhino pro 4” - is this a good choice? 

Medium - soil, biobizz light mix

Nutes - biobizz range, grow, bloom, and top max. Was last going to pickup some root juice and calmag, both from biobizz

Hi bro, welcome back to growing ! Smile /p>

All looks pretty much a good list ...  

i would urge u to consider how much u intend to produce (how much u need for personal consumption) then add a bit extra for the unforeseen and work back from there... you may want a bigger light imo or one that best fits youre space .. a 2x4 you'll a rectangular light footprint and around 200-300 watts for that space. A 100w will do a 2x2 area for both veg and flower, not more without compromise..

And I'd urge you to go on the bigger side if unsure... many people end up buying more kit / 2nd tents etc but a 2x4 / 3x3 can produce 10oz give or take (obs depending on many factors like strains etc) in soil without too much knowledge or experience necessary, especially here at percys!

Good luck and have fun with it .. and get any help u need here Smile /p>

Time to pop some more beans 😗

Posted : February 21, 2022 11:24 am
Rufio, Stootie, im_sparky and 24 people reacted

monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@jonnymango welcome to Percy’s mate and thanks for listening to the podcast. You have some very qualified people answering your questions so they are sure to get things sorted out for you. When you are ready to grow start a diary and the members will help you reach harvest. There’s nothing quite like having a good group of growers in your corner waiting to answer your questions.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : February 21, 2022 2:12 pm
Stootie, twisted1, im_sparky and 15 people reacted
im_sparky
(@im_sparky)
Limonene Moderator VIP
Active Grow Diary Bling
Patreon Bling
Discord Member
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
Moderator Bling
Member for 2 Years
The High Council Award

@jonnymango Welcome, bro!  This is a good place. Just ask if you need anything.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand, And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour.
― William Blake

Posted : February 21, 2022 3:17 pm
monkeydo, Stootie, twisted1 and 6 people reacted
Shonuff
(@shonuff)
Limonene Respected User
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
100 Post Likes
5 Complete Grow Diaries
1 Plant of the Month Win
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@jonnymango AC infinity has amazing tents.  I have their 60x60 in my closet and it's the nicest tent I own and less than $100.  

"Be excellent to each other."
-Abraham Lincoln- kinda

Posted : February 21, 2022 3:23 pm
im_sparky, monkeydo, Stootie and 9 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room