(@ned)
Caryophyllene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Topic starter

Hi team, happy Sunday. Let’s talk pot size. For soil I’m all about big pots and long vegging. However with Coco I’m finding the big pots aren’t working out. First off, I think if you don’t water coco every day till you get some runoff, you are bound to have problems. I’m using 5 gal pots on this cycle with shrubs that I vegged for about 60 days, maybe more. My problem is that they don’t dry out or even get close, so I’m feeding every other day, every three days. I think this is depriving the plants of some oxygen, as when you water coco it pulls a whole load of oxygen in with it. I also have a MAC plant in a 10 gallon pot which is even less manageable. 
So this go round I’m keeping them in 1g pots and I may even hookup a top drip system. These clones have been vegging about 3-4 weeks. 

Posted : February 23, 2020 1:22 pm
Canna_Educator_, Fish, Hart and 18 people reacted
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Valencene Moderator VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@ned thanks for bringing this up. I plan to try coco next fall and would have went with my 5 gallon buckets, Now ill get the info to make a better choice.

Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t.

Posted : February 23, 2020 1:33 pm
Canna_Educator_, Fish, Hart and 18 people reacted
Green Beard
(@green-beard)
Limonene Known User
250 Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
YouTube Member Bling
100 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes

527D5200 A081 4931 AD4E 8F267E4197DE
79FC8F1F 173A 46BB B137 D193EF335E5C

Lads I’m new to growing as ye all know, but I can’t recommend the airpots enough, there savage. I use the 12 ltr pots and the plants just love them. They airtrim the roots so you will never get root bound, there is no build up of salts and residue on the material, easy to clean and Empty for your next grow. You can also raise the bottom of the pot to any depth you want, I keep mine 1 ring above the bottom to ensure the pots not sitting in the run off water. They are expensive but worth every penny. I grow in coco btw not sure if they are suitable for soil but I couldn’t see why they couldn’t. 

Posted : February 23, 2020 2:32 pm
Canna_Educator_, Fish, danr420 and 21 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

Yer man air pots are quality, i grow my autos in 10L air pots in coco and they love it 

Coco doesn't need massive pots. You can easily grow a decent sized plant in a 12l- 15l pot. 

Mine are in about 20ls of coco right now, that's the most ive ever used in apot, 18L before that.

With soil, bacteria matter, ad they need a certain size pot to thrive. So soil growers ten to give more root space because of that i think? i'm not sure really lol. 

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : February 23, 2020 2:37 pm
Canna_Educator_, Fish, twisted1 and 12 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

Posted by: @ned

I’m keeping them in 1g pots

go for 3 gallon pots for their final pots mate, one gallon is fine for veg, but for flower you'll need that extra root space Smile

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : February 23, 2020 2:38 pm
Canna_Educator_, Fish, Fukentokin and 15 people reacted

Ned
 Ned
(@ned)
Caryophyllene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Topic starter

@macky yes I used 3g on my last batch and it was good. However I did my skunk tester plant in a 1g bucket and got 60 grams dry with almost no veg time. Ah the pursuit of perfection is so much fun. I may try those airports I have been curious. 

Posted : February 23, 2020 3:29 pm
Canna_Educator_, Hart, Fish and 18 people reacted
Fish
 Fish
(@lovetoflyfish)
Limonene Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Hi guys, I purchased 4 air pots but grow in soil,but I like them easy to move for me and they even link together better.But to water they can be a bit tricky u have to go slow or it’s a paddling pool in the tent?

Posted : February 24, 2020 1:12 pm
Canna_Educator_, Zombie Nation, twisted1 and 9 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room