Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Rookie questions and set up tips
Hello! here are few of the things I am concerned with, plus how im setting up at the moment
Current set up:
Right now I am growing my seedlings in a basic growers tent with a cheap Led light 1000 watts blue and red, thermometer, RH meter and a fan.
Growing my seedlings in red solo cups, two stacked with the inside one has holes in the bottom for drainage in a 70/30 coco perlite medium.
Future set up:
On the 15th my grow room will be ready, its a 5x5 stainless steal wall with an inline fan and two ventilation holes. Will be getting a bigger fan for the inside and a mars hydro tw2000.
Also the door is hermetically sealed.
- Any tips on current and future set up and how I am growing my seedlings?
- Should my seedlings receive both blue and red light?
- What do you guys recommend for watering seedlings in a solo cup like I said up there, frequency and amount? (I killed a seedling already by damping it off )
- I am worried about the ppm in the water I use, an RO filter is in my plans but not at the moment since supposedly our water is very good in the capital. This worries me since I want to feed my plant with nutrients and the ppm levels worry me, what do you guys think? Our pH is in a solid 6 but with advanced nutrients pH perfect this shouldn't be a problem.
- Being far away from the states makes it hard for me to buy nutrients but I can bring 4 1 liter bottles or 8 500 ml bottles, what can you recommend for rookie growers in the advanced nutrients line? either 4 different ones or 8 smaller ones.
- Are carbon filters strictly for odor control or do they serve another purpose?
- Is investing in a sprout grower with a plastic lid, integrated light and heating mat worth it?
Should my seedlings receive both blue and red light?
Plants prefer white light mate, with all colours in, but a slight blue light is preferred for seedlings
What do you guys recommend for watering seedlings in a solo cup
Its in coco, water every day pH water at 5.8 with a low EC at around 0.5
am worried about the ppm in the water I use,
How high is the PPM?
what can you recommend for rookie growers in the advanced nutrients line
Sensi grow a and b, the coco version, some great white for the roots, later into the grow some B-52, some sensi bloom a and b, big bud, and over drive
Are carbon filters strictly for odor
Yer for smell going out but can be used on intake to prevent dust and bugs getting into the grow room
Is investing in a sprout grower with a plastic lid, integrated light and heating mat worth it
Might be good for seedling mate, but growing in a grow tent is the best way to get good plants
Support Percys by becoming a Patreon: patreon.com/percysgrowroom
@macky thank you!
Yes coco must remain moist! but how much? until drainage? im water in circular motions a bit far from the root so they reach out is that good?
Im not sure about the ppm I cant measure it since I dont have a pen, but saying its not so high since its high quality water adding the nutrients that you suggested should be good? or too much?
Yeah just use the sprout grower for seedlings until one or two set of leaves.
Thank you again!
In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.
Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.
This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.
Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.
Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room