100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Hey guys I’m just about to order myself some more pots and was just wondering if anyone could tell me the pros and cons of fabric v plastic. I need 12l pots and was wondering which the lovely people of Percy’s would advise. 

Posted : November 30, 2020 1:14 pm
Grower Urban, Fish, Doctor X and 18 people reacted
JSH1973
(@jsh1973)
Linalool Forum Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

I'm using fabric/canvas 3 gallon pots at the moment, I'm happy enough with them but I think I'll go for plastic Air Pots the next time, pros/cons... Don't really know, both are supposed to be really good for the roots and if you like growing in Coco with run off at every watering. 

Posted : November 30, 2020 2:21 pm
Fish, Doctor X, Hart and 12 people reacted
TITCH
(@turbotitch)
Caryophyllene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Posted by: @jsh1973

I'm happy enough with them but I think I'll go for plastic Air Pots the next time

Hi thanks for responding. just wondering why you are changing to plastic air pots? I’m currently using plastic pots and didn’t know if there is any benefit using fabric

Posted : November 30, 2020 3:55 pm
Fish, Doctor X, Hart and 6 people reacted
galandil
(@galandil)
Linalool Known User VIP
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Patreon Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@turbotitch

pros of fabric pots:

• better root development
  • better against high soil temperature

cons of fabric pots:

• difficult to transplant
  • soil may dry too quick
  • if soil drys too much, you can have shaky stability of the plant

I just started using fabric pots and only for my final pot (if up-potting). And I will def use fabric pots in my next run too, I like it Smile

🌍🌏🌎
Peace be with You dear Sister/Brother☮️☮️☮️
End all wars!!! 💚💚💚
🌏🌎🌍

Posted : November 30, 2020 3:55 pm
Fish, jacks_farm, Doctor X and 9 people reacted
JSH1973
(@jsh1973)
Linalool Forum Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Posted by: @turbotitch

I'm happy enough with them but I think I'll go for plastic Air Pots the next time

Hi thanks for responding. just wondering why you are changing to plastic air pots? I’m currently using plastic pots and didn’t know if there is any benefit using fabric

I'm considering the air pots in plastic mainly because they'll be slightly handier to move around, but again I'm also dropping from 3 gallon to 2 gallon, both changes will suit me better because I only have a 2x4x6ft tent at it gets seriously crowded with six 3 gallon pots plus two other pots and 2 small pots with clones, with smaller plastic pots and only going for five main plants it will hopefully be easier to manage. 

Posted : November 30, 2020 4:03 pm
Fish, galandil, Doctor X and 12 people reacted

TITCH
(@turbotitch)
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Posted by: @galandil

@turbotitch

pros of fabric pots:

• better root development
  • better against high soil temperature

cons of fabric pots:

• difficult to transplant
  • soil may dry too quick
  • if soil drys too much, you can have shaky stability of the plant

I just started using fabric pots and only for my final pot (if up-potting). And I will def use fabric pots in my next run too, I like it Smile

thanks for the info man. if anything its the cold my roots need protecting from. i may grab a couple and try it

Posted : November 30, 2020 7:03 pm
Fish, monkeydo, galandil and 12 people reacted
TITCH
(@turbotitch)
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Posted by: @turbotitch

I'm considering the air pots in plastic mainly because they'll be slightly handier to move around, but again I'm also dropping from 3 gallon to 2 gallon, both changes will suit me better because I only have a 2x4x6ft tent at it gets seriously crowded with six 3 gallon pots plus two other pots and 2 small pots with clones, with smaller plastic pots and only going for five main plants it will hopefully be easier to manage. 

ah i see, its just easier for you thought there might be some benefit i wasn't aware of but makes sense if its easier for you 

Posted : November 30, 2020 7:08 pm
Fish, galandil, Doctor X and 9 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room