Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Topic starter

A lot of you know I work out of town April thru November and may only see my plants 1 day a week  or sometimes 1 day every 2 weeks.

last year I got 2 auto water systems while they got me thru last season they are junk, I want to build my own system where i can adjust for each plants needs and control it from my phone along with Exhaust fan and humidifier.

Ive been looking at the Raspberry PI Powered IOT garden.

any one know of other systems like this that wont break the bank?

Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t.

Posted : February 10, 2020 12:29 pm
Stootie, Macky, Grower Urban and 10 people reacted
Green Beard
(@green-beard)
Limonene Known User
250 Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
YouTube Member Bling
100 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes

@twisted1

the only idea I could come up with quick would be smart plugs for the extraction and a res pumps maybe, I’m putting in a small WiFi camera into the tent just so I can have a little look whenever I need to smile lol but it would also work for you if you need to check in and make sure everything is running ok 

Alexa will control everything in life eventually, she may as well help with your grow now lol  

Posted : February 10, 2020 2:31 pm
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Valencene Moderator VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Topic starter

@irish-johnny I have IP cams in the tents so i can watch them, I was looking at A inkbird controller that is WIFI just need to read and see if I can change settings remotely if needed. for the watering I have a 12v pump and power supply That I can control from the RPI app just need to make watering rings and add a valves to control the flow to each plant over a specific time. I believe I can use 120V relays and control the fan and humidifier from the app also just have to do some coding and add the sensors. But it should work auto or allow manual operation if needed. Ive got the shopping list almost complete

Posted : February 10, 2020 2:40 pm
Stootie, Macky, Grower Urban and 13 people reacted
Hart
 Hart
(@hart)
Limonene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes

Good ideas guys, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure. ? 

How much money you got, lol.

We just smiled n waved sittn there on that sack o seeds

Posted : February 10, 2020 3:10 pm
Green Beard
(@green-beard)
Limonene Known User
250 Post Likes
YouTube Member Bling
100 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes

@twisted1

yea i ordered the standard inkbird 308 (green one)  ill have them tomorrow or Wednesday. let me know if the wifi vrsion works out for you, ill upgrade myself when the time comes. i have no need for an automated feeding system, it gives me some me time lol.

Posted : February 10, 2020 3:23 pm

twisted1
(@twisted1)
Valencene Moderator VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Topic starter

@hart Nice but I dont have that kind of money been laid off since NOV 3rd got a month in a half to go.

about half of that might be doable.

Posted : February 10, 2020 3:56 pm
Grower Urban
(@grower-urban)
Linalool Known User VIP
Patreon Bling
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Ardruno?... I use the generic version Kuman (UNO).  Basically a multi controller with analog and digital pins at 5v that can be hooked up to wifi and bluetooth transmitters.  Used with relay gates they can do just about anything but you will need a electrical/electronic experience and be willing to spend hours to figure out code or reprogram code with your desired effects.

Very similar to raspberry pi (have both) but much more bare bones (utility).  And $13 bucks on Amazon compared to $60 (at least when I bought mine).

20200210 202700

Posted : February 11, 2020 1:36 am
Stootie, Macky, Zombie Nation and 10 people reacted
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Valencene Moderator VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Topic starter

@grower-urban Nice I have a couple unos and several shields and other bits when radio shack went out of business I purchased boxes of stuff they had. I need to dig them out and mess with one. Ive been playing with the PI's since they first came out I think I have at least one of every model, I use 2 of the PI 0 and a PI 3B+ for Amateur radio hotspots.  I went to school to be a programmer back in 93 so I think adding fan and Humidifier control along with the Pump control should be easy enough.  Electronics Im self taught when I got into Amateur radio I couldnt afford to buy new Radios and Amplifiers so I purchased old ones and learned to fix them myself. Most of the computers in my house run Linux operating systems except the wifes

Posted : February 11, 2020 12:22 pm
Stootie, Macky, Zombie Nation and 10 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room