Notifications
Clear all

Questions How much is your grow costing?

23 Posts
9 Users
149 Likes
greentomato
(@greentomato)
Linalool Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

So this Christmas I’m not running any heaters in the grow and just letting things be how they are cos last year I ran up a leccy bill that was pretty fucking nuts. 

I’m using one of those plugs that spits out how many watts is being drawn from the wall and at the moment it’s showing me 243 which is odd cos I’ve got a migro array 4 in there at 100% which is meant to be 250w…

Anywho that puts me at a running cost of £1.05 with the lights on (currently on 12hrs) and about £0.21 with the lights off so £1.26 a day for a 4x2 tent.

Does that sound right? If so growing weed is cheap as chips, like literally as cheap as chips. 

What’s everyone else running at?

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:13 pm
twisted1, Stootie, BubbleHok and 5 people reacted
Toploader
(@toploader)
Limonene Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
Discord Member
1k Posts Bling
25K Post Likes
Member for 2 Years
5 Complete Grow Diaries

@greentomato interesting.... I looked the metering plug up on Amazon, very reasonable. Not much liking the Alexa compatible ones though 🤨

Time to grow old disgracefully.

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:21 pm
twisted1, Stootie, BubbleHok and 4 people reacted
greentomato
(@greentomato)
Linalool Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

@toploader YeH the one I got is the most basic one I could find to try measure the usage more accurately

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:38 pm
twisted1, Stootie, Toploader and 5 people reacted
mcgrower
(@mcgrower)
Ocimene Known User
Active Grow Diary Bling
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@greentomato what is your total cost including your fans? I'm looking at the aray 2, would you say your meter reader is accurate? Thanks for your costing info it gives me an insight into how much I'm spending (which is less than I thought).

I live the life I love, I love the life I live.

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:40 pm
twisted1, Stootie, BubbleHok and 3 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

@greentomato This doesnt sound right tbf mate lol. Should be more than that in the UK with our prices of electricity right now. You sure you got everything in? Fan, extractor and light? How much per KWH are you paying?

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:41 pm
greentomato
(@greentomato)
Linalool Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

@macky I’ve got a 4” ac infinity inline fan and an ac infinity clip on oscillating fan and that’s it. Those 2 things + the light are plugged into an extension socket and the extension socket is plugged into the plug that reads the wattage.

cost is 35.06p per KWh

In my head it don’t sound right but maybe I’ve got a really good tariff?

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:46 pm
greentomato
(@greentomato)
Linalool Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

@mcgrower that is with the fans mate, see the post above for the full run down of what I’ve got in there, your setup will be real similar except less wattage on the light

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:48 pm
BubbleHok
(@bubblehok)
Valencene Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
5 Complete Grow Diaries
3 Plant of the Month Wins
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling
Member for 2 Years

So if I run both lights at full blast that's 1400w add the 5 odd small fans at say 20w per fan brings it up to 1500w throw in 2 extractors and an intake adds another 200w roughly bringing me up to 1700w then the pumps on top so let's say for the sake of making it easy I'm at about 2000w draw give or take. That's 2kw per hour and I'm running that 18hrs a day (the 2000w takes into account fans running 24/7) so that means I'm using 36kwh per day, which is about $11.52aud per day or  $345aud per month to run the 4x8. 

I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:54 pm
twisted1, Stootie, WoodI2 and 2 people reacted
Sevans
(@sevans1965)
Linalool Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
10k Post Likes
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Discord Member
Member for 1 Year
500 Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling

Posted by: @mcgrower

I'm looking at the aray 2, would you say your meter reader is accurate? Thanks for your costing info it gives me an insight into how much I'm spending (which is less than I thought).

I can check for you tonight when my lights come on, in my 2x2 I have an Array 2, one 6” AC Infinity fan, a AC Infinity 4” extractor, and humidifier.  I’ll report draw tonight. 

Honor is simply the morality of superior men.

Posted : December 7, 2022 9:00 pm
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

Posted by: @greentomato

@mcgrower that is with the fans mate, see the post above for the full run down of what I’ve got in there, your setup will be real similar except less wattage on the light

Something is definitely off mate, if the Migro is supposed to be 250w on its own, it shouldn't be coming to less than that with the fans. Test each item separately to get a more accurate reading. Also, you should have the light going into its own plug, not through extension with anything else just for safety. You dont wanna overload the extension

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : December 7, 2022 9:09 pm
Page 1 / 3

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room