If I have 1000 g of...

Notifications
Clear all

If I have 1000 g of fresh, but completely manicured nuggs, what’s the formula for dry weight?  

Ned
1K Likes
250 Likes
100 Likes
500 Likes
Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Known Member
 Ned
(@ned)
Caryophyllene

Hey team, I recently moved and I have some space challenges so I cannot hang my latest harvest of Double Dank Jack Nuggs. I have a good buddy that trims my nuggs, he is obsessed. He is unable to do a half ass trim job. 
So I requested he do his finest work on a couple DWC clones I cut down this am. It took him 8.5 hours to do the whole batch, even though it’s fresh. A LOT more work for him, but I have to dry these nuggs on a drying rack so they need to be trimmed first. 

Anyway, I really have no idea what kind of ratio of fresh nugg is water, so I’m wondering if anyone has a formula? Like 80% water, 75%, any ideas? 

4 Replies
monkeydo
100 Likes
250 Likes
Diary Writer
Student
2.5K Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Plant of the Month Winner
Legendary
(@monkeydo)
Limonene

I usually go with the 25% rule. Dry equal about 25% of wet weight.

Ned
 Ned
(@ned)

1K Likes
250 Likes
100 Likes
500 Likes
Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Known Member
Caryophyllene

@monkeydo thanks man! BTW beautiful scrog on the POTM! 

Ned
 Ned
(@ned)

1K Likes
250 Likes
100 Likes
500 Likes
Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Known Member
Caryophyllene
Posted by: @monkeydo

I usually go with the 25% rule. Dry equal about 25% of wet weight.

This was an unbelievably accurate formula. Ended up with exactly 25%. Not 24, not 26, 25%!

monkeydo
(@monkeydo)

100 Likes
250 Likes
Diary Writer
Student
2.5K Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Plant of the Month Winner
Legendary
Limonene

@ned I guess the secret is out lol. It’s a great tool to use in the guess the harvest weight contests 😉

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
Percys Grow Room Twitter,
Percys Grow Room Instagram

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room

February 22, 2020