Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Topic starter

There’s been some interest in the chat on Vapes. I’ve been burned with a bad purchase so how about we start a discussion on whole flower Vapes, portable and desktop models. Looking forward to some good insight. 

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : June 9, 2020 8:21 pm
GrowDad, Stonewolf, Doctor X and 42 people reacted
Green Beard
(@green-beard)
Limonene Known User
250 Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
YouTube Member Bling
100 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes

I have to agree monkey, great topic to start a thread on, I think storz an Bikel Mighty wins for flower hands down for the portable and there volcano for a stationary vape rig. For vape carts it’s the Aspire Tigan for me. Not technically for carts but all you do is screw off the tank and screw in the cart and bobs your uncle. Really strong battery aswell so you get a great toke off it.i am very intrested to try Megatokes vape pen, it works as a pen and as a bong and bubbler attachment  🤙🏻

Posted : June 9, 2020 8:30 pm
GrowDad, Stonewolf, Doctor X and 36 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years
Topic starter

All right, my experience in Vapes is limited. My first one was the fad of the year, a butane powered iolite portable oven style vape. I wanted something portable that could last a long time so fuel was easier than batteries on the trails. I got high on it but it wasn’t effortless and the real negative was above 6000 ft it would not work. So much for Rocky Mountain High!! 
My other purchase is a Boundless Tera V3 portable convection unit. It’s delivers a really good hit, has single degree temp adjustment, easily swappable batteries, includes accessories....... And has been replaced 3 times already and I’m working on the next round of replacement now. Good news is so far they have honored the warranty but it can take some weeks for the replacement process to be complete. 
So far I’m leaning to maybe trying a Storz and Bikel unit. Heard good things. 

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : June 9, 2020 8:53 pm
Green Beard
(@green-beard)
Limonene Known User
250 Post Likes
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
YouTube Member Bling
100 Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes

@monkeydo S&B are just epic mate, they haven’t been brand leaders and innovators for the past 20 years for nothin 😂 I’ve used a volcano many many times and there the biz, you get super high and it’s so clean and no burn At all off it 

Posted : June 9, 2020 10:19 pm
James
(@james)
Myrcene Respected User
500 Posts Bling
10k Post Likes
Member for 4 Years

I have a vape pen by Hebe called Titan - I can not recommend it - it is just useful to dry some popcorn Buds fast.

Plants are like children - always surprising you.

Posted : June 10, 2020 7:50 am

Colacody
(@colacody)
Limonene Forum Member
250 Post Likes
100 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

My brother in law recently purchased the crafty plus. He likes it a lot. I've only used a Davinci IQ and the ONLY downside was that the LED lights will blind you at night time. Quick heat up time and easy to operate. A friend of mine bought it and still has it now. But I've heard NOTHING bad about S n B....leaning that way I think also

Do better, feel better.

Posted : June 10, 2020 2:08 pm
GrowDad, Stonewolf, Doctor X and 33 people reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling

I've run a S&B Crafty since 2015. My buddy has had his volcano for 15 years. My other friend runs a Mighty, and her husband has a Crafty+ (and love them). Any vape lounge you go to, they use Volcanoes. There is nothing better than that brand. Vapour = A+, customer service = A+, quality = A+. They are expensive, but absolutely worth it.

Only shitty thing is, as of late 2018, they are now owned by Canopy Growth Corporation (aka Tweed).

Posted : June 10, 2020 3:26 pm
GrowDad, Stonewolf, Doctor X and 30 people reacted
Canna_Educator_
(@cloudy_kitchen)
Linalool Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

I used to work at a dry herb vape store and had my own store for a little bit too, here are my thoughts:

Storz and Bickell are hands down the best brand and any model of theirs should be considered an elite dry herb vape. They are the only company that makes their vapes in a purpose-built factory that only makes weed vapes. 

Firefly 2.0 is up there with Storz and Bickell too, but it's a little awkward

Mid-Range I would go for a Boundless Tera V3 or an Arizer (Canadian made 😉 ) - I actually have an Arizer myself and its been going good for over 5 years. 

The Boundless CFC 2.0 is one of the best cheap vapes you can possibly buy and it is small and quite easy to handle and the APX is also a great little device for the price as well

Try to stay clear of anything made in China, PM me if you need some advice about dry herb vapes because I have written product descriptions and reviewed a shitload of them 

Posted : June 10, 2020 4:00 pm
Hawk518, GrowDad, Stonewolf and 31 people reacted
Canna_Educator_
(@cloudy_kitchen)
Linalool Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@colacody the DaVinci and Pax are kinda trash but their marketing fools a lot of people 

I consider them the iphones of the vape world. Look good, spend lots on marketing, but don't have the functionality or features of other models available

Posted : June 10, 2020 4:04 pm
GrowDad, Stonewolf, Doctor X and 30 people reacted
TempleGrower
(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling

One thing to note regarding Storz and Bickel products that I forgot to mention is their Mighty, Volcano Medic, and now Volcano Medic 2 are all 'Health Canada sanctioned medical devices' and as such are potentially able to be claimed on your income taxes as a tax deduction in the 'medical devices' category.

I don't know much more about it than that but, definitely something to look into if you are in Canada and MED.

Posted : June 10, 2020 4:08 pm
GrowDad, Stonewolf, Demps and 45 people reacted

Page 1 / 10

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room