• Ali Bongo, Head Shop UK, buy best bong UK, Percys Grow Room
Notifications
Clear all

UPDATE IS IMMINENT!!! PREPARE TO STOP POSTING, DO NOT SIGN UP!

Growing autos in solo cups with 100w bulb

PalmGuy
(@palmguy)
Terpinolene

Hey everyone, brand new here.. just signed up! 

I'm brand new to growing canna, so be gentle lol 

I got 3 autos germinated and just placed them in solocups. Now before everyone yells at me I know autos are supposed to be place in their "final home" but I saw someone grow them in solo cups and given I dont have a tent or any type of set up I figured why not give it a shot.. 

My question is how moist/wet should my soil be in my solo cup be? The roots are abt 0.5" to 1" long I sprayed them a couple of times with my spray bottle. No run off and cups are still lite. I added pictures for reference.

Thanks everyone 

20201201 162116
20201201 162125

My set up just to for me to play around.

2 x 100watt equivalent bulbs 5000k

3 solo cups With holes at the bottoms

Pro mix HP soil

1 x cobra auto

2 x lambra auto

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 1, 2020 10:15 pm
Hart, Schroomy, monkeydo and 3 people liked
Macky
(@macky)
Beta-Pinene
Mentor
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
2.5K Likes
5K Likes
Grow Off Diary
Youtube 1K Views
Diary Writer
Amazon Patrion
Patreon
Completed Diary
Complete Grow Off Diary
Facebook Rep
Instagram Admin
Writer
Stoner Movie Club
Australia
Veteran

Sorry for the late response man! We were streaming a show!! Welcome to Percys man, we go easy on everyone, dont worry. We all grow super strong weed, so we are all super chilled lol. 

We all start some where man, for the watering, you should water the cups until you get abit of run off ( The water coming out the bottom of the pot) then leave it for a day or 2 until it has dried out. Not all the way dry, but the cup will feel light. 

Watering is a technique that takes practise, youll get it right after a few tries. Just with soil, it need to be wet, and left to dry so the roots can breathe. The wet again Smile

Dont be afraid to ask more questions if you need man, we are all here to help

Join us live every Sunday for High on Home Grown!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2020 12:24 am
Hart, Schroomy, monkeydo and 2 people liked
Zombie Nation
(@zn)
Limonene
Plant of the Month Winner
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
2.5K Likes
5K Likes
Completed Diary
Complete Grow Off Diary
Diary Writer
Grow Off Diary
Stoner Movie Club
England
Veteran

Hi Palmguy & welcome to Percys Smile

Yeah, as Macky says, Canna like wet to 'almost' dry in soil...good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2020 1:49 am
Doctor X
(@doctor-x)
Caryophyllene
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
Patreon
USA
2.5K Likes
Respected Member

How are you @Palmguy ! Welcome to Percy's, the best place on the net to learn from a good group of people that want you to succeed. 

I'm not smoking any more..... but I ain't smokin' any less

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2020 2:35 am
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Valencene
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Diary Writer
Student
2.5K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Completed Diary
Stoner Movie Club
USA
Veteran

Hi palmguy, welcome to Percy’s. Micro grows are also something that I also play around with. One thing I did see was not a lot of soil in those cups. I’d fill those to about 10-12 mm from the top. A cup doesn’t hold much soil so getting as much as you can fit helps the roots stay happy longer

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2020 6:27 am
Hart and Schroomy liked
galandil
(@galandil)
Linalool
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Diary Writer
2.5K Likes
Completed Diary
Grow Off Diary
Stoner Movie Club
Known Member

@palmguy hey man, nice to see you here, welcome and we all start somewhere.

Posted by: @macky

for the watering, you should water the cups until you get abit of run off

I digress here (on no!) I grow on soil and I used to water small seedlings a lot until I was told I was watering too much. When they are small like that I give just enough water on a ring a bit about 2-3cm outside of the stem, so that the roots have to grow and seek for water. This is different then coco, where you must keep your medium wet all the time.

I find this way (watering wthout runoff at seedling stage) better than when I was watering until runoff. You still need to keep your RH around 60%-70%. What is your current RH?

In any case, what Macky said isn't wrong, is just a different method of watering. With time and experience you'll learn and kind of see and feel when they need watering. Get used to lifting the pots before and after you water, so that you can get a better feeling.

In any case, welcome again mate, enjoy your stay and ask aways. Happy growing and good smoked buddy!

"I don't dread any challenge that lies ahead, because I remember all the victories behind." - Steven Furtick

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2020 3:18 pm
Hart liked

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
percys grow room twitter icon, cannabis growers forum
pintrest logo percys grow room, cannabis forum
percys grow room instagram logo

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room