4 Users
378 Likes
lazerblue
(@lazerblue)
Geraniol Forum Member
100 Post Likes
Topic starter

Hi folks,

I had to end my growing earlier in the year as i was moving, i have obtained some seeds since from Alibongo, but germination ratio and the ones that did shoot have been weak and had to be disgarded. My theory is that the seeds have been floating about before Covid and lockdown and old seeds are not good seeds.

Does anyone know of a supplier/seedbank who has fresh stock.

Thanks for checking out my query.

Lazer

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:12 pm
BubbleHok, monkeydo, Macky and 21 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

Posted by: @lazerblue

i have obtained some seeds since from Alibongo

Ali bongo are highly respected seed suppliers mate, and they wouldnt send seeds that they were not confident in. The chances are it is something to do with your germination technique rather than Ali Bongo selling dodgy stock IMO. What technique have you been using?

It is better to check and make sure you're doing everything right before trying another seed stocker, as it may all go wrong with them too

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:16 pm
BubbleHok, twisted1, monkeydo and 24 people reacted
(@zn)
Valencene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling

My theory is that the seeds have been floating about before Covid and lockdown and old seeds are not good seeds.

I've got seeds that are 8+ years old that still germinate fine, two on my latest run are 4 years old Smile

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:30 pm
BubbleHok, twisted1, monkeydo and 21 people reacted
lazerblue
(@lazerblue)
Geraniol Forum Member
100 Post Likes
Topic starter

Hi thanks for your prompt reply, i am using rockwool cubes in a propagator, i have had no problems with previous crops but weirdly since covid things just arnt happening. Alibongo are just a stones throw from my home and used them for quite some time. The gods of growing seem to be annoyed with me for some reason 😊 

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:34 pm
BubbleHok, twisted1, monkeydo and 27 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

@zn Same ZN, just popped Black Sugar fems that have been in my collection for over 6 years, no issues at all. And they haven't been kept in great conditions either. Beans a reliable as fuck nowadays man. Most likely something to do with the soil they are going into 

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:34 pm
lazerblue
(@lazerblue)
Geraniol Forum Member
100 Post Likes
Topic starter

@zn wow you are blessed and im impressed

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:35 pm
BubbleHok, twisted1, monkeydo and 27 people reacted
Stootie
(@stootie)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
1 Plant of the Month Win
50k Post Likes
5k Posts Bling
Member for 3 Years
Admin Bling

@lazerblue Iv had a lot of seeds from Ali Bongo and every one iv tried has grown and have been some of my biggest harvests. 

I dont know if age makes much difference really, I found a lot of seeds in an old grinder that have been sitting there for over 10 years, iv soaked 2 of them so far, one is harvested and in jars and the other if only 2 days old but doing fine.haha 🙂 

In the corridors of power where the talks are in full swing
If you can't say it with flowers Then don't say anything

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:38 pm
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

i am using rockwool cubes in a propagator

Is it a heated propagator by any chance mate? Those butchered my beans back in the day when i used them. Maybe since moving house the temps are a little different to what youre used too when germinating? 

Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
― Mark Twain

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:43 pm
lazerblue
(@lazerblue)
Geraniol Forum Member
100 Post Likes
Topic starter

@stootie it must be me.....lady luck always seems to evade my life, if i fell in a barrel of tits i would come up sucking my thumb

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:44 pm
BubbleHok, twisted1, monkeydo and 30 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

if i fell in a barrel of tits i would come up sucking my thumb

Quote of the fucking week pmsl!!!!!!!!!

Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
― Mark Twain

Posted : December 15, 2021 8:45 pm
Page 1 / 2

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room