Page 1 / 2
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

I was always concerned on how hot the driver gets on top of the light so I had some bits and bobs laying around I had a heatsink for an old PC and fan and some thermal paste so I  rigged it up and it cooling pretty well to be honest my train of thought is the cooler you keep that driver the longer it will last

20210130 163625
20210130 163618
20210130 165406
20210130 170832

Cannabis is a gateway to gardening

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 30, 2021 5:32 pm
Hart, Matthew Elton, twisted1 and 6 people liked
Echo
 Echo
(@echo)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

@weekendtoker nice work dude 

maybe we turn this into a comp.. maybe time to brake out the watercooling spares 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 9:03 pm
Hart, Matthew Elton, twisted1 and 5 people liked
Zombie Nation
(@zn)
Valencene
1 Plant of the Month Win
10k Post Likes
Chat Moderator Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
Admin Bling
The High Council Award
Sex Pot Grow Off
OG

On the older models there was enough extra cable to mount drivers outside tent but doesnt look like it any more 🙁

Anyway, shyte drivers...just get a menawell 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 9:19 pm
Hart, Matthew Elton, twisted1 and 3 people liked
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Valencene
Patreon Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
10k Post Likes
Chat Moderator Bling
Instagram Rep
Admin Bling
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
Active Grow Diary Bling
I Voted Award
OG

Thought about this just the other day on my spiderfarmer light but I had gotten efficient and threw the old computer bits away. I’m not too keen on the fan but the cooling fins are a win in my mind. I’m going to contact my son to grab me a half dozen heat sinks off the scrap pile and try this  myself. Even with meanwell drivers cooler has got to be better.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 10:43 pm
Hart, twisted1, weekendtoker and 3 people liked
Zombie Nation
(@zn)
Valencene
1 Plant of the Month Win
10k Post Likes
Chat Moderator Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
Admin Bling
The High Council Award
Sex Pot Grow Off
OG

I over specced my new Meanwell driver on the TS2000...it runs around 50% cooler than the Shenzhen specials 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 11:17 pm
Hart, twisted1, weekendtoker and 3 people liked
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

@echo thank u definitely you know it would be a fun Project  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2021 8:05 am
Hart, monkeydo, twisted1 and 1 people liked
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

@zn

there is a little bit of extra cable but now they've added a dinner Box with a  link to link function and I don't fancy cutting wires because of warranty issues if they get funny plus I'm not in a tent I've built a big cupboard I don't really want to be drilling holes through it depends how hot it gets in the summer it is an option I suppose

I've had a lot of good things about a menawell driver  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2021 8:09 am
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

@monkeydo  I never throw anything away without stripping it  my missus goes crazy lol I always find a use for something definitely the heatsinks would be a good idea I only use the fan because it connects on top of the heat sink as one unit and it used to sit at 50 degrees now it's sitting at around 29 so to me that's a massive difference. keep me updated on your heatsink project. definitely the cooler you keep them the longer they last I know the capacitors / resistors don't like heat for long periods of time  

20210131 075620

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2021 8:17 am
Hart, monkeydo, twisted1 and 2 people liked
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular
Posted by: @zn

I over specced my new Meanwell driver on the TS2000...it runs around 50% cooler than the Shenzhen specials

Bigger is always better lol  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2021 8:23 am
jacks_farm
(@jacks_farm)
Linalool
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Known Member

That's a great idea with the cpu heatsink 

Any body else could use thermal Conductive Silicone Glue and a 4" wide heatsink off ebay and 4" fan, once the thermal Conductive Silicone Glue goes off its stuck soil, need to degrees the surfaces before glueing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 8:39 am
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

@jacks_farm thank you that's a really good idea to about the Conductive Silicone Glue but I didn't want to do any permanent fixings it's under warranty I can just wipe mine clean take the wire off and send it back

But definitely going to look into the glue and get some when it's out of warranty is it expensive

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2021 9:02 am
Hart, monkeydo, twisted1 and 2 people liked
jacks_farm
(@jacks_farm)
Linalool
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Known Member
Posted by: @weekendtoker

@jacks_farm thank you that's a really good idea to about the Conductive Silicone Glue but I didn't want to do any permanent fixings it's under warranty I can just wipe mine clean take the wire off and send it back

But definitely going to look into the glue and get some when it's out of warranty is it expensive

Glues less than a £10 on ebay, I just thinking it's better than drilling and taping into the case for older leds, just quick easy and low cost,

Check this out, brought a hp 8300 for £80 and chucked in my old 1050 ti gpu and my son has a basic gaming pc ( loves fortnite) 

Works great 

20210131 094335

60fps on all the time 1080p medium settings 

Lid goes on, just raised 2" in one corner.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 9:48 am
Hart and twisted1 liked
weekendtoker
(@weekendtoker)
Ocimene
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
Forum Regular

@jacks_farm

Definitely good idea love the modification on your PC never really played games on a PC but think I might give it a go just got myself a

Dell Optiplex 7020 MT Intel Quadcore i7-4790 3.6GHz 16GB DDR3 1TB ssd Win 10 Pro got it really cheap

need to get a graphics card for it haven't got a clue what to get yet but I think that might be powerful enough to play games at least I'm going to put emulators on it I'm only got it for this foum/youtube as well I have basic knowledge of PCs I used to be really good at Windows XP but haven't touched one since and it's all new but I'm sure I'll get it lol

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 31, 2021 11:02 am
jacks_farm
(@jacks_farm)
Linalool
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Known Member

@jacks_farm

Definitely good idea love the modification on your PC never really played games on a PC but think I might give it a go just got myself a

Dell Optiplex 7020 MT Intel Quadcore i7-4790 3.6GHz 16GB DDR3 1TB ssd Win 10 Pro got it really cheap

need to get a graphics card for it haven't got a clue what to get yet but I think that might be powerful enough to play games at least I'm going to put emulators on it I'm only got it for this foum/youtube as well I have basic knowledge of PCs I used to be really good at Windows XP but haven't touched one since and it's all new but I'm sure I'll get it lol

You have a great setup but a low powered psu 290 watts, so I would stick to a 1050gtx 4gb on currys for about £100 

Just need to check the case takes full size graphics cards, its plug and play 🙂 and low noise and power( something like 75w)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 11:23 am
Hart and monkeydo liked
Zombie Nation
(@zn)
Valencene
1 Plant of the Month Win
10k Post Likes
Chat Moderator Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
Admin Bling
The High Council Award
Sex Pot Grow Off
OG

I'm going to put emulators on it

I sorted all my emulators out last night...found a nice front end to keep them all in one place too...its called RetroArch 🙂

I now have 37 old school emulators and 45000 games

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 11:27 am
Hart, monkeydo and Woolie liked
Page 1 / 2

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
percys grow room twitter icon, cannabis growers forum
pintrest logo percys grow room, cannabis forum
percys grow room instagram logo

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room

Percys Grow Room