500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

FDC79859 2B7E 4B7B 9B88 588703C86E8A
864CB511 1724 4703 86B5 05D779BE0B80
CBCF2189 9FFD 454F BF17 737F014DE5FB

Hi all I’m a complete novice grower and have no previous experience growing but I thought I’d get involved in the community and share my experience with you all.  

So I’ve decided to go with the space bucket concept but decided I’d us 2 50l plastic bins (£9.99 on eBay)as it worked out cheap than buckets and offered slightly more height. As for fans I have 2 4” pc fans, I intend on put a carbon filter on it in the next week or so.

The light I’m using is viparspecta v300 LED light I choose this light because it had fairly good reviews and wasn’t overly expensive.

the strain I choose was an auto northern lights I went with this because I’d read it was a good strain for beginners, is pretty short and has high THC levels😁.

In total including seeds this has cost me £120.

so I’m just over a week in and I THINK things are going ok, I have a lil seedling which seems pretty happy. I’m just going to keep water it and see what happens. 
I am a novice so I may have made the wrong choices but thought I’d share may setup with you. 

Thanks for reading 

Posted : October 12, 2020 6:50 pm
Bangswitch2A, Canna_Educator_, jacks_farm and 28 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

lol, that epic mate, im looking forward to seeing this one grow out! Good luck man, if you need any help at all, or have any questions, be afraid to ask! Plenty of people round here ready to help Smile

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Canna_Educator_, Mossbeardmitch, Hart and 9 people reacted
galandil
(@galandil)
Linalool Known User VIP
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Patreon Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

It looks really neat. Nice craftmanship brother! Are you growing in soil? And yes, NL is a great, easy cultivar to grow with great effects!

Keep us posted!

🌍🌏🌎
Peace be with You dear Sister/Brother☮️☮️☮️
End all wars!!! 💚💚💚
🌏🌎🌍

Posted : October 12, 2020 7:07 pm
NoobgrowerPT
(@noobgrowerpt)
Ocimene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Great work man. Welcome to our Percy's family Turbotitch

"When troubled times begin to bother me, I take a toke and all my cares go up in smoke." Willie Nelson

Posted : October 12, 2020 7:08 pm
Bob Durban
(@bobdurban)
Caryophyllene Forum Member
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes

@turbotitch

Love it m8

Posted : October 12, 2020 7:19 pm
Canna_Educator_, Mossbeardmitch, Hart and 6 people reacted

TITCH
(@turbotitch)
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

@galandil yes buddy I’m using soil. 

Posted : October 12, 2020 8:41 pm
TITCH
(@turbotitch)
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

Thanks guys. I’ll keep you all posted 

Posted : October 12, 2020 8:42 pm
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

It’s about time we see a space bucket grow around here. Welcome to Percy’s man. 

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : October 12, 2020 10:32 pm
TITCH
(@turbotitch)
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling
Topic starter

535A5037 0E61 4A97 BCDE 35CAC34F1D91
29EB630B 7F38 4E0C B58F D65872D35394
E7F79C38 5F94 4DF4 AAC5 CB363782B72A
235EC8A1 4582 497B B6B8 D1401F7258F6
1A4A2C34 A9D6 48B6 9877 EECB454A5955
4CABBF3C 310D 4EF3 9160 AF8D5EA9A8B4

So I’m at the end of week 2 and this is what I have, I’m not sure if it’s healthy or not🙈. 

i noticed that the roots had made there way to the bottom of the small pot, I’ve re-potted into a 10l pot which I plan on leaving it in now. I’ve planted the seedling to one side in preparation for some training. I think I may have over watered as the leaves look a lil droopy (any advice if she looks healthy would be great).

so I’ve got myself a few gadgets after reading in the forum (ph tester & humidity meter). I’m watering rain water but the ph was way too high so I’ve brought it down with a lil bit of vinegar. 

i’ve noticed with the light off my temps are dropping to 15 degrees so I need some sort of heating. I was look at tube heaters but I don’t have the room to fit them in, so I’m now thinking  heat mats wrapped around the bucket.

on the whole I think it’s going ok and if it’s not I’m enjoying the experience. I don’t want too invest too much into this setup as I’m already thinking about upgrading and making a 60x60x150 cupboard for the next grow. Just going to ride it out and use it too learn. Again thanks for reading and any advice would be welcome 

Posted : October 18, 2020 1:43 pm
Bangswitch2A, Canna_Educator_, Hart and 13 people reacted
galandil
(@galandil)
Linalool Known User VIP
1 Plant of the Month Win
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
Patreon Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

Posted by: @turbotitch

I think I may have over watered as the leaves look a lil droopy (any advice if she looks healthy would be great).

Yes, if you think you have been overwatering and they look like that, yup, you've been. It happened to me in my first couples of grows. Since then I've learned this 2 rules: Better less water than more and let the soil dry (not the same with coco)

I’m watering rain water

Rain water may lack enough calcium. Maybe you can have that tested? I use underground water and have had that problem, so I use CalMag from BioBizz et voilà, problem solved. In any case, pay attention to that. Tap water usually has enough calcium, but it has chlorine. If it has the one that can evaporate in the air, you can let it sit for 24h and use that water. If it has the one that doesn't, depending on your water company, than I wouldn't use it, even if it has enough calcium, since it will damage your substrate and rhizosphere. Again, maybe you can get that tested or check your water company's website. Usually they provided that info online.

i’ve noticed with the light off my temps are dropping to 15 degrees so I need some sort of heating

Now you are playing with fire (or coldness XD) 15C is waaay too low brother, especially at this stage. Try to get them temps at night at least over 18C pronto!

I’m enjoying the experience

Very well put, in the worst case you learned something and apply that to your next grow.

Enjoying your setup. Happy growing and good smokes!

Bongin

🌍🌏🌎
Peace be with You dear Sister/Brother☮️☮️☮️
End all wars!!! 💚💚💚
🌏🌎🌍

Posted : October 18, 2020 2:18 pm
Canna_Educator_, Hart, Mossbeardmitch and 9 people reacted

Page 1 / 3

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room