Notifications
Clear all

Biden pardons 6500 convicted of federal cannabis possession and talks about rescheduling

19 Posts
10 Users
106 Likes
artmann
(@artmann)
Myrcene Respected User
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
1k Posts Bling
10k Post Likes
Member for 2 Years
Topic starter

President Biden pardoned 6,500 people with felony cannabis convictions. Those who got convictions while committing violent crimes were not eligible. He encouraged governors across the country to do the same. He said those folks shouldn't have to live with that on their records.

He also talked about rescheduling cannabis saying cannabis and fentanyl being on the same level was ridiculous.

It's about time. Progress has been at a stand still while people wait and suffer. Maybe this is a good sign of movement on the federal front.

Posted : October 7, 2022 7:27 pm
Fweetch, WoodI2, im_sparky and 5 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

@artmann Steve DeAngelo was saying this is all BS? He said people don't go to prison federally for possession alone, it always has cultivation or intent to supply with it. Here is a quote from his Insta:

"A promise is a promise Joe—but this is just a political fig leaf that wont release one single cannabis prisoner, because you limited your action to simple possession cases—and almost nobody ever gets locked up for federal simple possession charges. Federal prosecution almost always involves cultivation or import or possession with intent to distribute. You said in a nationally televised presidential debate that you didn’t think ANYBODY should be in prison on cannabis charges—you didn’t limit it to simple possession then like you are now. But we are going to hold you to the promise you actually made to us—and we will gather outside the White House on October 24th and engage in acts of civil disobedience if you do not release at least 100 cannabis prisoners before that day."

Im not sure what to make of this but i am always reluctant to believe a politician is doing the right thing 

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 7, 2022 8:15 pm
Fweetch, WoodI2, im_sparky and 4 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

Steve makes a point. I’m going to have to do some more research on this. Simple possession on a federal level might be smoking weed in a national park or the like. Those are few and far between.

This is a very promising development and hopefully it moves quickly but I’ll stay skeptical till it’s all done. If Joe is successful in decriminalizing weed I’m definitely a fan. I’m waiting for the Republicans to jump on board if this test well in the polls or try to capitalize if it starts to fail. Let’s deschedule this. If alcohol and coffee are not drugs, this isn’t either.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : October 8, 2022 5:51 am
Fweetch, WoodI2, im_sparky and 4 people reacted
Billy420Bonds
(@billy420bonds)
Limonene Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
YouTube Member Bling
1k Posts Bling
10k Post Likes
Member for 2 Years
Active Grow Diary Bling

This is all bullshit unless they do far more. Exactly what Steve said, just shows that these corrupt fucks have fucked shit up so much there clutching at straws to get voted back in.

They already know what they need to do, many many lobby groups and charity's have all ready given them the answer in massive reports and hundreds of thousands of research papers.

trying to distract from the fact that he showered with his daughter and his son is a corrupt fuck up. plus his got dementia and the fact he is not the one making these decisions is obvious.

lets hope people see through this and push it towards what it should be......     Remember they do nothing unless it's benefits them.....  

Fight The Draconian Cannabis law's..... Fear is Control..... Set yourself free.......Grow your own.

Posted : October 8, 2022 8:43 am
Fweetch, matommy, monkeydo and 5 people reacted
Sevans
(@sevans1965)
Linalool Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
10k Post Likes
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Discord Member
Member for 1 Year
500 Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling

I said on discord, it’s a token move before the midterms and trading the ruskies for that ignorant basketball player. He’s hoping these two moves will help the dems at the midterms. 

let’s not forget what else Brandon said- I won’t be the prez remembered for legalizing cannabis! And to back that up, in his speech two days ago—- he strongly urges the state governors to take action!

Honor is simply the morality of superior men.

Posted : October 8, 2022 10:25 am
Improper_Weed_Viking
(@improper_weed_viking)
Caryophyllene Known User VIP
Patreon Bling
Discord Member
Active Grow Diary Bling
5k Post Likes
250 Posts Bling
Member for 1 Year
3 Complete Grow Diaries

Yep when I heard him urging the governor's to consider pardons I was hahahaha there's the money shot

"What's the charge officer, eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal?"

Posted : October 8, 2022 10:42 am
BubbleHok
(@bubblehok)
Valencene Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
5 Complete Grow Diaries
3 Plant of the Month Wins
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 2 Years

Yeah i think ole joe is pandering at this point, However having him outwardly say on live media that no person should be imprisoned for cannabis has opened the door. When the leader of the country that started the war on drugs comes out with that shit its only a matter of time before the dominos fall. Even here we are seeing major shifts, plus this helps the cause around the world as it shows they have lost the war. Hopefully he moves ahead and goes the whole hog but somehow i think the handlers have him on an extremely tight leash.... 

I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.

Posted : October 8, 2022 11:14 am
GrowDad
(@growdad)
Caryophyllene Respected User VIP
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
Patreon Bling
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
Discord Member
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

As an American, I was ecstatic with Joes announcement but like everyone else has said no one is locked up federally for just simple possession. I did like that he urged the state governors to act, and I’m in a state that has 0 medical or recreational.  My state is one of the few that’s still 100% illegal, but we do have decriminalize laws for up to 1.5 oz.  

I’m a Democrat(don’t hold that against me, lol) and this was definitely a timing announcement for Joe. Midterms are a month away and Hunter is in trouble. It will be really interesting to what happens after the midterm elections. If Joe is really serious about this, more will be done after the midterms. If he’s just blowing smoke up our asses and nothing gets done after the midterms, there’s not one of us who would re-elect him, including myself. I definitely won’t vote for the Cheeto if he’s running against Joe. I just won’t vote for a president.  

Joe has opened this box, now let’s see if he’s ready to start taking stuff out of this box and actually do some positive with it. 

Be a good person!

Posted : October 8, 2022 11:45 am
Stootie, Fweetch, matommy and 3 people reacted
im_sparky
(@im_sparky)
Limonene Moderator VIP
Active Grow Diary Bling
Patreon Bling
Discord Member
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
1 Plant of the Month Win
Moderator Bling
Member for 2 Years
The High Council Award

This is a total BS move.  Yes, I agree with what @Bubblehok said about opening the door, but this was 100% a Machiavellian move that benefits himself without real change.  HE could have with the stroke of a pen freed people and de-scheduled cannabis.  F'n politicians.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand, And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour.
― William Blake

Posted : October 8, 2022 12:13 pm
Stootie, Fweetch, matommy and 4 people reacted
matommy
(@matommy)
Ocimene Known User
Active Grow Diary Bling
3 Complete Grow Diaries
1 Plant of the Month Win
250 Posts Bling
2.5K Post Likes
Member for 1 Year

I'm a little more optimistic. Everyone is dragging Biden through this (he's no fan of weed), but I thought he telegraphed descheduling pretty clearly. If that happens, it's just a matter of time because the conflict between federal and state laws starts to break down.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
- Bertrand Russell

Posted : October 8, 2022 1:11 pm
Stootie, Fweetch, monkeydo and 3 people reacted
Page 1 / 2

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room