Patreon
1K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Respected Member

Here is the entry thread for

August 2020 Plant of the month!

Simply take a pic of your plant, with a valid sign, and enter it here!! You can find the the official sign template below. It is VERY important that the sign be photographed with the plant. Signs cannot be edited into your pictures but you can use a tablet or monitor as your sign. At the end of the month all entries will go to poll for 14 days, and the members will decide the winner! 

Rules

• You must have more than 10 forum posts to enter
  • Your plant can only be entered once and only one entry per user per month is accepted!
    (This means, if you enter a plant in this months comp, you can not enter that same plant into next months plant of the month competition).
  • Your entry must display a sign with:
    Your USERNAME
    The DATE (dd/mm/yy)
    The words ” Plant of the Month
    The FULL website name, “Percysgrowroom.com“.
  • The plant must still be alive, and unchopped, showing the plant still sitting in its pot.
  • Entry opens at 00:00 am on the 1st of April 2020, and closes at 23:59 on the last day of May 2020. (Times are in BST) 
  • The official entry sign is here:

• A plant may be entered by creating your own sign, however one point will be added to the final vote of any entry using the above official sign.
  • If we have less than 5 entries, the contest will continue into next month. We must have 5 entries by months end in order to vote.

Prizes!!

Depends on the number of entries, more entries will equal a more substantial prize, plus the all important...

POTM Bling

To Enter Plant of the Month

Add a picture of your plant to this thread, and make sure you have a sign, with ALL of the requirements, clearly visible in the photo. This must be a physical sign, either printed or on a tablet, in your photo.

The picture really matters just as much as a spectacular plant. Feel free to add some details about your grow in the topic too. Though a picture tells a thousands words, a little bit about the life of the plant can really tell the best stories. Good lighting and a nice backdrop can really make your entry stand out from the rest. Take the time to really look at your background and lighting before you take your photo, it can really make a huge difference.

Good luck everyone!!!

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 2:50 am
Colacody, jlee82, Hart and 1 people liked
Hart
 Hart
(@hart)
Caryophyllene
250 Likes
500 Likes
100 Likes
Grow Off Diary
1K Likes
Respected Member
Posted by: @monkeydo

Though a picture tells a thousands words, a little bit about the life of the plant can really tell the best stories.

Here's a suggestion... After reading through entries, comments etc for a month (sometimes 2 months) it's time to vote. Most people don't remember the comments made by the grower after that length of time and I don't think everyone is going back to read everything so the actual voting is only on the pic not the written description. I think the comments made with the picture entry should be in the voting section also?

What's everyone else think? Nerd  

We just smiled n waved sittn there on that sack o seeds

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 7:02 pm
AliJ68, Colacody, jlee82 and 3 people liked
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Myrcene
100 Likes
250 Likes
Diary Writer
Student
2.5K Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Respected Member

@hart I think we can accommodate that with some limitations. Maybe one sentence and the person entering the plant needs to make sure the actual sentence you want to use is in quotation marks like “this is my plant”. The description should be somewhat brief and easily identified for me to include in the vote thread. Most of these polls are created in the dead of night and I don’t have the luxury of asking the entrants any questions. Would this work for you or do you have other suggestions. Any other members can also add their voice to this suggestion pro or con.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 8:36 pm
Colacody, jlee82 and Hart liked
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Myrcene
1K Likes
100 Likes
Completed Diary
250 Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
Grow Off Diary
Mentor
2.5K Likes
Facebook Rep
Complete Grow Off Diary
5K Likes
Legendary

@hart I agree maybe a brief description of the grow along with the pic

Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 8:41 pm
Colacody, jlee82, Joshuaarr420 and 2 people liked
Hart
 Hart
(@hart)
Caryophyllene
250 Likes
500 Likes
100 Likes
Grow Off Diary
1K Likes
Respected Member

@monkeydo @twisted1

Posted by: @monkeydo

Feel free to add some details about your grow in the topic too. Though a picture tells a thousands words, a little bit about the life of the plant can really tell the best stories.

I think the key word is "brief", don't need a journal, lol. I just thought it kind of redundant to add these details about the grow and life of plant if no one remembers any of it when it's time to vote. Perhaps it's just me, an old timer stoner patient with alzheimer's and the memory of a gnat.

Very Hungry Surprised  

We just smiled n waved sittn there on that sack o seeds

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 9:47 pm
Macky, Colacody, twisted1 and 2 people liked
Joshuaarr420
(@joshuaarr420)
Caryophyllene
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
Pic of The Week
Forum Regular

@hart i like this suggestion well all of these gives the actual meaning and passion behind the grow its self 

Give a stoner some bud he will smoke for a day, but show a stoner how to grow and he will smoke forever. 🤣💚

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 10:32 pm
Macky, Colacody, twisted1 and 3 people liked
Colacody
(@colacody)
Myrcene
500 Likes
100 Likes
250 Likes
1K Likes
2.5K Likes
Patreon
5K Likes
Respected Member

I think Monkey has a good idea with the quotation marks and to make it 1 or 2 sentences max. I think this will do a few things like add some personality to the photos along with some details about how that plant has grown to that point. 

Let it groooowwww...let it GROOOOWWW!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 9:16 pm
Macky liked

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
Percys Grow Room Twitter,
Percys Grow Room Instagram

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room

February 22, 2020