500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Plant of the Month Winner
Legendary

@doctor-x that’s not been asked before but if you can get a better pic yes please feel free to post it.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2020 6:51 am
MediaMaster
(@mediamaster)
Geraniol
100 Likes
250 Likes
Forum Regular

I found a few seeds, 11 to be exact in a bag of Wedding Cake I bought off a friend awhile back and I decide to give them a try because it was amazing weed. This plant was originally supposed to go outside in my garden but ended up having to go in my tent and I couldn't be happier. Excellent producer with tons of super sticky trichomes and the smell is to die for, so sweet you just want to cut off a piece a start eating. Good Luck everyone and Happy Growing.

20200914 195726

Struggle is the enemy, but weed is the remedy.

— Kid Cudi

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2020 3:07 am
Phil, twisted1, Fish and 9 people liked
Ned
 Ned
(@ned)
Caryophyllene
1K Likes
250 Likes
100 Likes
500 Likes
Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Known Member

@monkeydo why were you asked not to participate? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2020 11:15 pm
twisted1, Doctor X, Fish and 2 people liked
Ned
 Ned
(@ned)
Caryophyllene
1K Likes
250 Likes
100 Likes
500 Likes
Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Known Member
Posted by: @monkeydo

@lovetoflyfish not disqualified mate, just was asked by a member to give new growers a chance. Not a problem but I will be back in the future 😉

WHAT? This is insane. I’m sorry, if a member asked you that, they need to learn to grow better plants. This is POTM, not a grow diary. There should be one and only one variable. Which plant is best. I know when I see a plant better than mine, and I wouldn’t fault anyone for consistently growing the best. New growers shouldn’t expect to contend for POTM, unless the stars align and they get lucky. Let them take a crack at a grow off and learn something. Who wants an award you didn’t really win? 

This completely sours the POTM and I will no longer participate or bother to enter plants if the thing is some kind of farce or popularity thing. 

Also, the sign is a problem. Lots of members mess up on the sign. I don’t have a printer at the moment so it’s a pain. But if we want a better comp let’s stop disqualifying entries over the sign, and let monkey enter his plants. If he wins every month he deserves it. And it gives the rest of us something to be proud of if we win. 

Just my unsolicited opinion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2020 11:27 pm
twisted1, RedEyeJedi, Doctor X and 5 people liked
Macky
(@macky)
Beta-Pinene
Mentor
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
2.5K Likes
5K Likes
Grow Off Diary
Youtube 1K Views
Veteran

Thanks for the input Ned! It is appreciated man, and I get what you're saying. 

I think we all need to discuss this admin not being in comps rule...... It seems as if I am the only one who wants it ( its from the days when only I was admin... so... just a habit thing lol). 

We are a community, and we all should decide these things, and if everyone is cool for admin to enter the comps then I am happy with that. 

Also, the sign thing, its also a pain in the arse and not needed in most cases. We see many of the entries get grown here on the site. 

We will change the rule. how about " You must have a sing,unless the plant has been grown in a diary here"?

That sounds much more fair?

I hate to see members get upset, and all we need is feedback like this to fix things mate, I appreciate it. 

What do we all think about this? 

"True guidance is like a torch in the forest, it doesn't show everything, but gives enough light for the next steps to be safe" -Swami Vivekananda

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 12:29 am
twisted1, RedEyeJedi, Doctor X and 5 people liked
Basssman7
(@basssman7)
Eucalipto
100 Likes
Patreon
250 Likes
Percy Grower

@macky No matter what happens I am just happy to be here. Smile

I do have a couple things to ponder though. Why is it plant of the month instead of "plant or plants" so for example the tent photos I showed you in chat today could be entered. If you have only one tent and use a scrog net you can never enter "plant of the month" because you will never have just one plant in the photo.

If someone does an amazing job on a single plant as I see lots of by the talent on this forum it could be pic of the month? It seems to me that intricately grown/managed single plant photos are more of a living art form and are similar to the "unusual container" contest. 

Or totally going off the cuff here but why not one category of "healthy beautiful plant or plants" which can be pics of your individual or tent plants in their growing environment. Then another category of "photo of your plant art" which could be using extensive training etc on your individual plant to look amazing such as monkey's or for us mortals nice pics of individual plant parts could be entered.

If you want to have more newbie participation find a way to let them enter photos of their tent or close up photos of individual buds etc.. As for admins being in contests, it does not matter to me because I trust Percy's admins to be fair.

Those are my brain-storming ideas. Now my head hurts and I need a smoke. 

"It’s hard to be mean when you’re stoned." —Bill Lee

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 2:30 am
twisted1, RedEyeJedi, Doctor X and 4 people liked
SouthCoastVaper
(@southcoastvaper)
Terpinolene

@macky sounds like a plan. I would struggle with the sign tbh. I don’t own a printer and trying to get another device to show the sign while I take a pic with my phone would be probs end with another unplanned topping 😬

I’m sure if someone was pulling a fast one someone would know and flag it. 

Admin should be allowed to enter imho, either that or an admin only version but yeh let’s have entries from all buy not next month as that’s when I plan to enter. 😊

“Reality is just a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs.” – Robin Williams

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 7:46 am
twisted1, RedEyeJedi, Doctor X and 2 people liked
Ned
 Ned
(@ned)
Caryophyllene
1K Likes
250 Likes
100 Likes
500 Likes
Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Known Member

@macky just keep up the great work on this site! I’ll let the folks who run things take care of business. I just appreciate you and the community of great growers and fine folks here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2020 4:00 am
Doctor X, twisted1, RedEyeJedi and 1 people liked
Joshuaarr420
(@joshuaarr420)
Linalool
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
Pic of The Week
2.5K Likes
Known Member
Posted by: @basssman7

@macky No matter what happens I am just happy to be here. Smile

I do have a couple things to ponder though. Why is it plant of the month instead of "plant or plants" so for example the tent photos I showed you in chat today could be entered. If you have only one tent and use a scrog net you can never enter "plant of the month" because you will never have just one plant in the photo.

If someone does an amazing job on a single plant as I see lots of by the talent on this forum it could be pic of the month? It seems to me that intricately grown/managed single plant photos are more of a living art form and are similar to the "unusual container" contest. 

Or totally going off the cuff here but why not one category of "healthy beautiful plant or plants" which can be pics of your individual or tent plants in their growing environment. Then another category of "photo of your plant art" which could be using extensive training etc on your individual plant to look amazing such as monkey's or for us mortals nice pics of individual plant parts could be entered.

If you want to have more newbie participation find a way to let them enter photos of their tent or close up photos of individual buds etc.. As for admins being in contests, it does not matter to me because I trust Percy's admins to be fair.

Those are my brain-storming ideas. Now my head hurts and I need a smoke. 

I also second this with the additional you could split it up into category like for eg potm grow of the month grow room of the month could also add these to you hohg episodes too visual aids for new members is always enthusiastic to return and try again also admin should be allowed to enter as its a public vote and currently the only prizes are bling so what does it matter if admin win it, it would be publicly voted for so they wouldnt have control over it 

Give a stoner some bud he will smoke for a day, but show a stoner how to grow and he will smoke forever. 🤣💚

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2020 8:35 pm
Mossbeardmitch, Doctor X, monkeydo and 1 people liked
Macky
(@macky)
Beta-Pinene
Mentor
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
2.5K Likes
5K Likes
Grow Off Diary
Youtube 1K Views
Veteran

For every comp we have, we need to dedicate more time to it. So we dont want to have too many as it will be hard to keep track of. 

We are going to discuss some things in admin and we will have some updates on all this soon 😉 I think we have some ideas that will work well

"True guidance is like a torch in the forest, it doesn't show everything, but gives enough light for the next steps to be safe" -Swami Vivekananda

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2020 11:55 pm
twisted1, Mossbeardmitch, TempleGrower and 5 people liked
Page 4 / 4

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
Percys Grow Room Twitter,
Percys Grow Room Instagram

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room

February 22, 2020