(@templegrower)
Limonene Known User
1 Plant of the Month Win
The High Council Award
3 Complete Grow Diaries
10k Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
Topic starter

So I've just picked this up from a local Canadian seller - GrowLights.ca. Paid $615 CAD after all was said and done.

Spec wise, it's quite similar to the HLG 550 and ISH 530 with a slightly different chipset - same Samsung LM301h but with Epistar IR/UV. 3500K. My god is she bright though. Blinded myself for about a half hour when I first turned it on.

I was quite skeptical that it would cover my 4x4 as the light is only 26"x20" but man was I wrong. Like I have a little star in there now. Nice little dimmer switch to attached as well (no screws to mess with). All you need to do is plug the red wire in the red wago clip and the black wire in the black wago clip and screw the driver to the aluminum board. Super easy.

Heat-wise, the area where the driver is attached to the aluminum board got up to 60C as well as the area right over where each board was sitting. I moved my 6" clip fan to blow directly across, and the temp has now dropped to about 45C. Nice.

I don't have a PAR meter or anything to test the light but, I do have a lux meter to get some kind of relative measurement, at least compared to my old Mars and my HID. I haven't done that comparison yet but will update when I do. What I can say for sure so far that is that it is really really bright. 😎 

Obviously can't comment on yield or terp quality or anything yet (that's next grow) but, so far so good. Really good. Got 4 new ratchet hangers too. 👍 

Happy grower here.

QB in box
QB unpacked
Wago connected`
QB on
QB in tent
To of QB in tent with fans

Posted : July 2, 2020 11:15 pm
Ougrew12, Hart, RedEyeJedi and 15 people reacted
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Valencene Moderator VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Moderator Bling
YouTube Member Bling
Member of the Year
Discord Member
50k Post Likes
2.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@templegrower nice looks like its gonna be a beast

Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t.

Posted : July 2, 2020 11:56 pm
Hart, TempleGrower, monkeydo and 6 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@alij68 I did say you would get used to the unusual language but lm301, deep reds, epistar, and meanwell drivers may require a different dictionary 🤣 If you stay around long enough it actually becomes second nature or you. 

BTW I’m really looking forward to seeing this light at work TG. Seems to have everything you would want in a light.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : July 4, 2020 10:48 pm
twisted1, James, twisted1 and 3 people reacted

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room