Grow Off Diary
2.5K Likes
Youtube 1K Views
5K Likes
Mentor
Plant of the Month Winner
Complete Grow Off Diary
Respected Member

So I've just picked this up from a local Canadian seller - GrowLights.ca. Paid $615 CAD after all was said and done.

Spec wise, it's quite similar to the HLG 550 and ISH 530 with a slightly different chipset - same Samsung LM301h but with Epistar IR/UV. 3500K. My god is she bright though. Blinded myself for about a half hour when I first turned it on.

I was quite skeptical that it would cover my 4x4 as the light is only 26"x20" but man was I wrong. Like I have a little star in there now. Nice little dimmer switch to attached as well (no screws to mess with). All you need to do is plug the red wire in the red wago clip and the black wire in the black wago clip and screw the driver to the aluminum board. Super easy.

Heat-wise, the area where the driver is attached to the aluminum board got up to 60C as well as the area right over where each board was sitting. I moved my 6" clip fan to blow directly across, and the temp has now dropped to about 45C. Nice.

I don't have a PAR meter or anything to test the light but, I do have a lux meter to get some kind of relative measurement, at least compared to my old Mars and my HID. I haven't done that comparison yet but will update when I do. What I can say for sure so far that is that it is really really bright. 😎 

Obviously can't comment on yield or terp quality or anything yet (that's next grow) but, so far so good. Really good. Got 4 new ratchet hangers too. 👍 

Happy grower here.

QB in box
QB unpacked
Wago connected`
QB on
QB in tent
To of QB in tent with fans

Life's a garden...dig it - Joe Dirt
Supersoil recipe (by me!) --> https://percysgrowroom.com/organic-super-soil-recipe/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 12:15 am
Phil, Hart, RedEyeJedi and 3 people liked
twisted1
(@twisted1)
Myrcene
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
1K Likes
Patreon
Completed Diary
Grow Off Diary
Facebook Rep
2.5K Likes
Mentor
Complete Grow Off Diary
5K Likes
Legendary

@templegrower nice looks like its gonna be a beast

Sativa to change the things I can, Indica to accept the things I can’t.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 12:56 am
Deleted Account
(@newpercygrower)
Linalool
100 Likes

@templegrower TG, I ain't even gonna pretend I know what I'm looking at 🤣 but congrats on a hefty new bit of kit 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 10:02 pm
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Limonene
100 Likes
250 Likes
500 Likes
Patreon
1K Likes
Diary Writer
Student
2.5K Likes
Instagram Admin
Pangolin Hunter
5K Likes
Plant of the Month Winner
Completed Diary
Grow Off Diary
Legendary

@alij68 I did say you would get used to the unusual language but lm301, deep reds, epistar, and meanwell drivers may require a different dictionary 🤣 If you stay around long enough it actually becomes second nature or you. 

BTW I’m really looking forward to seeing this light at work TG. Seems to have everything you would want in a light.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 11:48 pm
twisted1 and James liked
Deleted Account
(@newpercygrower)
Linalool
100 Likes

@monkeydo  Yep- getting into Growing involves my 2 weakest points since high school- numbers and new language- no wonder my head's wrecked 😆 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 1:57 am
twisted1 and monkeydo liked

In our cannabis growers forum, we have guides to growing cannabis, cannabis grow dairies that cover growing weed in hydroponics, soil and coco. Find the help you need, by either, using the search box, or asking for help in the forum.

Our cannabis growers website also has competitions where you can win free weed seeds. As a member you will also have discount codes for cannabis seeds, and LED grow Lighting.
Our Cannabis Growers Forum is for educational purposes and we encourage our members to check their country of residence legislation before germinating a marijuana seed.

This site is here because we want to help you grow your own cannabis for personal use. Therefore, any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Percys Grow Room Facebook Page, Cannabis grower forum fb page,
Percys Grow Room Twitter,
Percys Grow Room Instagram

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room