Low stress training autos outside

15 Posts
3 Users
105 Likes
(@fivesensestraveller)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

Hello all,

I have just joint so a big hello to everybody and thanks in advance for your help!

I am just starting a grow (in a hot climate - southern hemisphere - start of spring) where the plants will be 1autofloweing Jack Herer and 2 bag seeds.

I have two questions, the first being, can I low stress train all these plants to improve the yield even though they are autos outside?

The second question is if I can use LST, when can I start?

Third (bonus question) is how can I tell if the bag seeds are also autoflower or not?

I am a total novice so please excuse my stupidity!

Cheers!

Posted : September 13, 2020 11:31 pm
Growboy, Fish, jacks_farm and 9 people reacted
(@fivesensestraveller)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

joined! Froidien slip!

Posted : September 13, 2020 11:33 pm
Fish, monkeydo, Fish and 3 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@fivesensestraveller first of all welcome to Percy’s mate. LST is usually used to control the height of the plants or expose bus sites to light. Outdoors the sunlight penetrates the canopy far better than artificial grow lights so light isn’t as big of an issue and unless you are worried about the height there is no ceiling height outside. LST won’t usually increase your outdoor yield but can control the size of your plants. LST training can begin as soon as there is enough of the plant to manipulate, usually when the plant has at least 4 nodes would be my guideline. Autoflower seeds usually start blooming about 3-5 weeks from germination. If it goes much past 5 weeks and it isn’t trying to bloom it probably isn’t an Autoflower.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : September 14, 2020 2:54 am
Growboy, Fish, jacks_farm and 6 people reacted
(@fivesensestraveller)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

@monkeydo thank you for all your answers!

I was under the impression that by using LST you could create more bud sites and increase the yearly as this would stop the plan from making just one long bud.

This is why I am here though, to learn from people like you who actually know what they are talking about not just internet cowboys!

Thanks again have a good one!

Posted : September 14, 2020 3:57 pm
Growboy, Fish, jacks_farm and 9 people reacted
monkeydo
(@monkeydo)
Alpha-Pinene Admin VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
5 Complete Grow Diaries
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
1 Plant of the Month Win
2 Plant of the Month Wins
3 Plant of the Month Wins
100k Likes Bling
7.5k Posts Bling
Member for 4 Years

@fivesensestraveller to create more bud sites you should top the plant. Every time you top a bud site it replaces it with 2 active bud sites. Some outdoor growers top their plants and some prefer not to. Topping causes a bushier plant and not topping it gets taller. We have outdoor growers here that do both ways, just a preference that you will soon develop one way or the other. No wrong way to grow outdoors, whatever works for you.

Random acts of kindness make the world a better place

Posted : September 14, 2020 4:04 pm
Growboy, Fish, jacks_farm and 6 people reacted
Fish
 Fish
(@lovetoflyfish)
Limonene Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@fivesensestraveller welcome to the community man, I grow autos outside now and just about to finish 3 plants. One got topped, one got multiple topping, one got a little low stress training, the best plant for yeald was the multiple topped plant, I did it 4 times but would advise 3 times at most with the autos just to be safe😀I am saying this but she is not finished yet, and because of the stress of it all she is taking much longer than her sisters to finish ,but hopefully I will get a lot more bud because of it😁

Posted : September 14, 2020 5:07 pm
monkeydo, Growboy, monkeydo and 3 people reacted
(@fivesensestraveller)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

@lovetoflyfish thankyou for the info, I think I will follow in your footsteps and give each plant a different treatment to see which gives the best results. As I am at the start of the learning process the more info and I can get the better and I am sure a bit of experimentation in this particular environment will really help.

On a side note, what I would do to go fishing at the moment! We have been in lockdown here for 170 days!!!!

You should check out fly fishing in Salta Argentina.

Thanks again!

Posted : September 14, 2020 6:42 pm
Fish
 Fish
(@lovetoflyfish)
Limonene Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@fivesensestraveller Hi bro, I have been experimenting since I started about a year ago and love doing it, think u learn more when u do it yourself. Mistakes will happen when u first start your low stress training, but with my experience with autos never fatal😁 Brother don’t even get me started about fishing,  I love to fly fish and the seatrout in Argentina are the best in the world without a shadow of a doubt 😎

Posted : September 15, 2020 9:22 am
(@fivesensestraveller)
Terpinolene Forum Member
Topic starter

@lovetoflyfish thanks dude! I will go for it and see what happens.

You have to check out fly fishing Dorado in Argentina they are beasts!

Posted : September 15, 2020 11:39 am
Fish
 Fish
(@lovetoflyfish)
Limonene Known User
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
10k Post Likes
5k Post Likes
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
2.5K Post Likes
1k Posts Bling
500 Posts Bling
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@fivesensestraveller I had the opportunity to fish for them in the river Parana I think it was called, big fat bars of gold with teeth lol. But went for a week seatrout fishing instead 😃 they are one of my favourite fish the sea run brown trout👍I managed to get over 30 for the week the biggest was just over 20 pounds😂 what a amazing experience the week was and would really recommend it. I stayed at Kau tapen lodge, and fished the Rio Grand with 3 fly rods, for different conditions for example if it was windy I used my switch rod with skagit lines. Do u stay in Argentina ? 

Posted : September 15, 2020 5:45 pm
Page 1 / 2

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room