Notifications
Clear all

Biden pardons 6500 convicted of federal cannabis possession and talks about rescheduling

19 Posts
10 Users
106 Likes
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
1 Complete Grow Diary Award
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

Posted by: @matommy

I thought he telegraphed descheduling pretty clearly

All he said really was he will get people to look into it..... Let's hope it actually happens and this isn't just a shitty move to get them more votes in the midterms.... 

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 8, 2022 2:27 pm
Stootie, Fweetch and monkeydo reacted
GrowDad
(@growdad)
Caryophyllene Respected User VIP
100 Post Likes
250 Post Likes
Active Grow Diary Bling
Patreon Bling
500 Post Likes
1K Post Likes
Discord Member
250 Posts Bling
100 Posts Bling
50 Posts Bling

@macky It’s 2022. You’d think enough studies would be done by now. Lol

Be a good person!

Posted : October 8, 2022 2:39 pm
Stootie, Fweetch and monkeydo reacted
matommy
(@matommy)
Ocimene Known User
Active Grow Diary Bling
3 Complete Grow Diaries
1 Plant of the Month Win
250 Posts Bling
2.5K Post Likes
Member for 1 Year

@macky Here's what he said (from his website). I like the use of the word expeditiously and also the opinion and comparison to real drugs at the end. I am hopeful this is just telegraphing an already-made decision.

"Third, I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.  Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances.  This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic."

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
- Bertrand Russell

Posted : October 8, 2022 2:52 pm
Stootie, Fweetch, GrowDad and 1 people reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

initiate the administrative process to review

to review, that's all mate 😉 He isn't telling them to reschedule iot, he is asking them to look into it. We will see what happens but im gonna stay skeptical. I dont trust these crooked politicans mo fockas 😉 The fact that the first part of what he says is essentially BS is a big red flag that this is just a token gesture to win votes in the midterms. I dont think anything is actually going ot change with Biden in power, but we will see. 

Please keep up to date with forum rules and posting guidelines to keep the forum tidy 🙂
Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 8, 2022 2:57 pm
Stootie, Fweetch, GrowDad and 2 people reacted
matommy
(@matommy)
Ocimene Known User
Active Grow Diary Bling
3 Complete Grow Diaries
1 Plant of the Month Win
250 Posts Bling
2.5K Post Likes
Member for 1 Year

@macky I don't think the President can single-handedly deschedule. Congress passed the Controlled Substances Act and I suspect (but do not know) that they would have to change it. It puts Republicans on the spot to vote No on something extremely popular.

We'll see!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
- Bertrand Russell

Posted : October 8, 2022 3:05 pm
Stootie, Fweetch, GrowDad and 2 people reacted
Sevans
(@sevans1965)
Myrcene Respected User VIP
Patreon Bling
Active Grow Diary Bling
10k Post Likes
5 Complete Grow Diaries
Discord Member
Member for 1 Year
500 Posts Bling
Cali Cowboy Grow Off Bling

TBF though— imprisoned or not, having the albatross of a felony removed from your record helps with jobs and loans!

and GUNS Wink  

Honor is simply the morality of superior men.

Posted : October 8, 2022 3:50 pm
Stootie, Fweetch, GrowDad and 1 people reacted
matommy
(@matommy)
Ocimene Known User
Active Grow Diary Bling
3 Complete Grow Diaries
1 Plant of the Month Win
250 Posts Bling
2.5K Post Likes
Member for 1 Year

@monkeydo Everyone here is saying that it doesn't affect anyone, but the number being thrown around is 6,000 so I am left wondering if nobody gets a pardon, then what is the 6k about? I'll be interested in what you learn.

- Bertrand Russell

Posted : October 8, 2022 6:18 pm
Stootie, Fweetch and GrowDad reacted
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

then what is the 6k about?

Pretty simple mate, it's a flat out lie 😉 I standard thing for politicians. We will see of course, I hope 6,000 people get released but from what I am seeing, what he has called for is essentially bullshit. There is not very many people locked up federally for simple possession of cannabis. There will be other charges like cultivation, or possession with intent to supply. This is what I am seeing from the non main stream media and news channels online. 

Watch this for example:

Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 8, 2022 6:39 pm
Macky
(@macky)
Alpha-Pinene Admin
Patreon Bling
The High Council Award
Admin Bling
Discord Member
10k Posts Bling
100k Likes Bling
Member of the Year
Member for 4 Years

And this: 

Forum Rules
Posting Guidelines
Community Standards
― Mark Twain

Posted : October 8, 2022 6:47 pm
Page 2 / 2

Our forum is free to join. We are an international cannabis forum that helps people all over the world grow their own personal supply of cannabis. Through our site you will find cannabis breeding forumscannabis deficiency forumsindoor cannabis growing forums, and much more. 

We are a home growers cannabis forum, and we only allow people who grow cannabis for personal use to be members. Our mission is to help you grow your own cannabis. We do not buy/sell/trade cannabis, or equipment for growing cannabis. Our site is strictly a cannabis smokers forum, cannabis growers forum and forum for medical cannabis users.

Use our guides on how to grow cannabis, cannabis grow diaries, and growers forum to find all the info you need to learn how to grow your own cannabis.

Any member who is suspected of growing cannabis for commercial gains will be banned immediately.

Please read our forum rules, and enjoy the site.

Find us on all social networks! Just search for Percys Grow Room